1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
452 Posts
What's with the white exhaust gas? (Or, is it due to the cold weather out?)
Does the catlessness make any part of the exhaust visually discernible? Say, coloured / opaq exhaust gas, back fire, etc? Do you ever get harrassed by cops? :~(

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NO NO... the smoke is from how COLD it is... otherwise it is clear. it was 28degrees when i took the vid. The exhaust doesnt like shoot smoke out while yo udrive (or at least i dont see any... and didnt when i rev). So dont sweat it, no back fires or anything either and no harrassment by the cops. ALL good :)

Robert~

·
Registered
270 Posts
ok that does it. now i know where my Tax money is going :p
what ever would we do w/o you Robert?

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
UberWagon said:
Thanks for the vids. Those are really helpful in making exhaust buying decisions.

-Nick
lol was that a good help or bad help ;)

ok that does it. now i know where my Tax money is going
what ever would we do w/o you Robert?
lol I try my best!

Also for those who noticed... yes that is a little gunk on my bumper, the bumper never gets hot/will not melt and that comes right off. I put in the extra long hangers (you can check it out on my car domain site as i've ran out of posting space on here for attachments) on and now i have no problems.

Robert~

·
Registered
166 Posts
:roll: :roll:

I was wondering if you could get some more vids; only this time have a friend tape you doing a 'ricer fly by'. Id just want to hear how the car sounds like from far away <approaching the camera man> and <getting away from the camera man>.

I have one of a sti with a TXS exhaust and would REALLY like to compare it with urz.....

:lol:

please

:lol:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Nice Staticx.
The driveby would be nice but hows the highway sounds/drone? Is it loud in the cabin? (or should i say excessively loud)
I love Blitz products :D

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thank you thank you :) I hope to get a REAL camera and do real videos. Drifting, 0-60, 20-80, etc etc... all sorts of good stuff and best of all ME vs Stock STi. So you guys can see what kind of difference it makes and such. Im swamped with wiring kits, so it might be a week or so though, especially since i have to find areal camcorder.

Silver: Its not TOO loud in the cabin, but it is heard... i love it :)

Robert~

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
all i can say is WOW! I was already convinced that i wanted the blitz...but it sounds sooooooooo goooooood! Well done Robert.....i went at my car over the weekend,with the camera, i should have em posted on car domain soon. Peace

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
elucas - the godspeed made NO difference in sound on the stock catback (which sucks as I was hoping to get away with that, and not have to get a catback - because of boost crap). With the catback it is louder though, kinda flows out better/faster not choppy or anything like before with stock DP.

salisbury - good luck man! lmk when you get those videos up. Full exhaust will be LOUD. Im kinda scared to get headers because of that. Althought I might end up swapping out the axel back with stock again or something.... like prodrive or i dun know. Depends. As headers are GOOD for your engine (raises knock threshold, allows you to run high boost safer, smooths your torque curve, helps even out your a/f ratio, etc).

Robert~

·
Registered
176 Posts
MY stock sti cat back sounds loud i have the godspeed downpipe and the gt spec header. thats why im going to a quieter set up ihtink the header made it louder

·
Registered
411 Posts
The GT-Spec header and up-pipe were the last items to be installed, and it did not get any louder but the sound definately changed. I really can't explain the sound but I'm very happy with it.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Any STi for sale in the Northeast?

Static - I don't know if you already posted this elsewhere, but what do you estimate the total cost of the exhaust system you have to be?

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I had the same setup used for $750 and new $900. Saves you some serious cash and you could use that $300 extra that most turbobacks would cost you and buy the GTSPEC headers or whatever you want.

Robert~

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
crap... I bet he removed them to put in his new videos - Renchmis. Well I guess its time to throw down and buy some webspace soon. If anyone else can host these theare just 4 - 5mb videos.

EDIT: ??? Wait a sec... its working fine for me... Try again please. Maybe the server was down or he was uploading new stuff or something?

Robert~

1 - 20 of 37 Posts