IW STi Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2nd time at the track.... But I am getting better. Here is my tale:

First thing, first... I stunk it up @ Sacramento Raceway....

I seemed to improve as each pass came along... but my shifting needs major improvement. I am not shifting correctly @ the right RPMs, while going down the track. Plus, I bounced my needle to close to redline on a few occassions. Either way, I need some advise fellas...

Also, here are my 1/4 times in my STI...
Please don't laugh

First run: 14.5 vs TYPE R
Second run: 14.0 vs GSR
Third run: 13.9 vs TYPE R

Last run: 14.1 vs Mustang MACH 1 (13.5)***

*I had a perfect launch (great reaction time - .596) & had the lead pretty much all the way versus the MACH 1 but bounced on 4th gear before I shifted to 5th gear. I know for a fact that I shoulda beat that MACH 1 but lost it due to my errors. He then blew by me @ the very end.

Any suggestions would be nice, thanks. :(

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
i raced at new england dragway on oct 25...there were 7 sti's there 4 modified three not....the best time was from the dude from maine with a white one he ran 12.5....but he wouldn talk to me :cry: ..oh well his car was modified sus intake pro fec b etc.... by next spring i will be the fastest sti in the land...all it takes is the right mods and the right driving. i was beat (my car is stock) by a stock silver sti i missed third gear and he didnt. he races a pro modified firebird all the time up there in the low 10's. he said to me " you dont take your foot off the accelarator do you when you shift?" i said "well yeah i dont want to hurt the tranny" he laughed and said "thats what your warranty is for...keep your foot to the floor and redline the beast every time" he ran a 13.1 STOCK! so i went with his reccomendation and ran a 13.5. it was my first time and i will be practicing....so next year in the spring after my mods and 150 more horses...i will chew up just about everybody....i wont do nos but i will do other things like lighten my car by removing my sub and amps before the race every little bit helps....the silver guy was packing his intercooler with ice and hitting his water button at least six times in the 1/4..i hit mine four times on my 13.5....it does help...tough to do but you have time between 2nd and 3rd and fourth takes forever i barely shifted to 5th and crossed the line.....lots to work on this winter...dont want to spend too much$$$ (wife wants to kill me already...i wont let her drive it :wink: oh well...we'll see what happens.....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts