IW STi Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How's it going guys. It's 12:45 here in NY. I pick my car up at 9:30 AM. I can't sleep. I bet all fo you went through this already. I CAN'T WAIT! It still hasn't fully set in that I'm buying an STi. When it does. I think I'll just pass out! What sucks it that I am going to pick the car up, drive it home, park it in the garage. Take my eclipse out and go to work. Then work while impatiently waiting for time to go. Then I will take about 10000 pictures and post the best ones here :) Any advice for this newb STi owner? Anything I should look at thoroughly before driving off the lot? Thanks guys.

-Raza

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
coming to cali

Welcome aboard! :)

I would say the following advice:

- Keep your cool, don't overrev your car. Follow the break-in procedure.
- Set you rev warning to 3900RPM.
- Get your winter tires ASAP. This is for real. Those Potenzas RE070 are horrible below 40F.
- Get some winter mats.
- Check your oil level frequently.
- Read as much as you can.
- Don't worry about the radio, you won't miss it.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice. I don't plan on driving it much this winter. Break-in procedure is to keep it under 4000 rpms, and to make sure not to vary acceleration? Right? Oh, and how do you set the rev warning?

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
The other way around, make sure you vary the engine speed, and keep it below 4kRPM. Double-clutch all your downshifts to make sure the gearbox wears in right (do a search if you don't know how to dbl clutch).

Gearbox may feel a little crude at first, it's tough to shift from 5th to 6th when the gearbox is new.

Twist the left stick in the dashboard while you're parked and key is in the ignition. Clockwise to increase.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
STi_Thunder said:
The other way around, make sure you vary the engine speed, and keep it below 4kRPM. Double-clutch all your downshifts to make sure the gearbox wears in right (do a search if you don't know how to dbl clutch).
Sorry, that's what i meant, to vary it. Thanks a lot. I'm going to leave and pick it up now. I HAVE WORK right afterwards :evil: I think i feel a cough coming on.. umm yeahh.. ::COUGH COUGH:: Damn, i can't get my fellow employees sick, gotta call in :wink:

-Raza

·
Registered
41 Posts
Raza.....sorry you aren't felling well. Maybe a few days off will make you feel better. Second thought, that won't work either, as the STi is a disease that is so infectious you may never recover. Get the winter tires, keep the rpms down, check the fluid levels and before you know, it will be Spring and WOT time.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
java-sti said:
Raza.....sorry you aren't felling well. Maybe a few days off will make you feel better. Second thought, that won't work either, as the STi is a disease that is so infectious you may never recover. Get the winter tires, keep the rpms down, check the fluid levels and before you know, it will be Spring and WOT time.
Hey sorry for posting so late. I'm in the Long Island location. I don't know why but I feel kind of empty now that I got this car. Like, I mean i got the car of my dreams, ive been drooling over this car (still am) for so long. I don't know what it is.

Here's a pic of it.. It's really dirty now, i have to wait for the weather to warm up before I can handle washing it.

-Raza

Oh btw, what does WOT mean?

Attachments

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
Nice, shiny, black sexy beast!

I see a jealous look from that Neon in the background ... "why why didn't you take me! I am faster!
"

1 - 12 of 12 Posts