IW STi Forum banner

61 - 80 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Re: 2010 Black STi SE DD/Weekend warrior... Best SM finish yet

Sunday's AX was rainy and chilly, so heat soak wasn't too much of a problem anyway. I did have my best finish ever; 2nd in SM, .6 off of FTD (Lotus Elise with slicks), 4th fastest time of the day overall, fastest with street tires.

Wifey came and tried AX for the first time in our '10 Legacy. She did very good and had more fun than she thought she would.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Re: 2010 Black STi SE DD/Weekend warrior... Best SM finish yet

Raced in the annual North Country Rumble with my car over the weekend. It's an AX with the combined times of 4 people driving one car for 2 runs a piece. We were consistent and had the second fastest raw time of the day behind a 500+hp Factory Five with 295 slicks.

Many videos to come... here's a pic for now.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Re: 2010 Black STi SE now with GTspec UEL headers 327/382 on DynoDynamics dyno

Still no videos, my boy is slacking... However a good friend traded in his 07 STi for an Elise, so I got his ceramic coated GTspec header/UP combo for cheap. So I got a re-tune yesterday...

327whp/382wtq on a Dyno Dynamics dyno in shoot off mode. It was my 5th tune and first dyno tune by Bren Tuning using Kaizen's facility.

It. is. ridiculous.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #65

Thanks man! Yours isn't so bad either. :lol:

·
Registered
626 Posts

Any issues with the headers contacting the C frame? I have heard of this being an issue and needing to modify the c frame to eliminate the contact/rattle.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #67

Nope no problems there. The gains are ridiculous, my butt dyno feels like it gained more than 20whp.

·
Registered
626 Posts

Dang, another better part of a thousand dollars is going to be gone soon!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #69

I got my snows on for the blizzard a couple weeks ago, I have since switched back to my DD wheels because it's 60 degrees again.

Winter mode:

A few pictures of the interior I took:

And some pics with my buddy's Lotus:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Re: 2010 Black STi SE Photoshoot with Elise!

Got her some new Prova goodies for Christmas.

·
Registered
590 Posts

Would you mind posting some pics on how you mounted your gauge in the vent?

Thanks!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #72

Big updates coming...

*Snow cross on Sunday, good pictures to come.

*Audio system almost done, I purchased an AVHP3300BT, JDM AV panel, much dynamat, and all the necessary stuff to hook up my Boston Acoustic Z6, Audison LRX4300, and other things.

*Passenger Recaro coming soon (thanks Gian!), and Killer B Oil pickup and windage tray will be here this weekend (Thanks Chris).

*I am also selling my 8.5" wide RPF1s and will be ordering 17x10 RPF1s as soon as they sell. The 275 R Comp's will fit much better. I came in 4th in SM last year, but was consistently the fastest person with street tires. Hopefully that will change this year... :devil:

Would you mind posting some pics on how you mounted your gauge in the vent?

Thanks!
I don't really have any pics. I bought an extra vent, it comes apart very easily. I fit the gauge in and cut out a small part of the bottom of the slats. When I re-attached the top and bottom of the vent it secured the gauge in perfectly.

This is the only other shot I have of the in-process part:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #73

Go-pro video's from Sunday's race. I ended up with the 2nd fastest time of the day, and second in AWD behind my buddy's 11 STI. I have some videos from the morning, it was an awesome time. 2-4inches of snow on a sheet of ice.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Re: 2010 OBP STi SE Snow-X videos in post 73

No love for the snow-x?

Pioneer AVHP3300BT installed. Needs a little more adjustment in the double din panel, but we will be back in there soon to install the amp and speakers anyway. Steering wheel control and ebrake bypass were also installed.

Have a Killer b pickup and windage tray for future install:

Recently waxed:

Most importantly, I finally have my matching Evo IX Recaro for my passengers. Thanks Gian!

Car recently hit 25k too. I got rid of the ****ty factory tune at 900 miles. It's probably had at least 10 oil changes, and I've added 3 half quarts over that time. Usually oil would be low after a flogging with SCCNH. It's probably averaged 18ish MPG over that time.

·
Registered
864 Posts
No love for the snow-x?

Pioneer AVHP3300BT installed. Needs a little more adjustment in the double din panel, but we will be back in there soon to install the amp and speakers anyway. Steering wheel control and ebrake bypass were also installed.

Have a Killer b pickup and windage tray for future install:

Recently waxed:

Most importantly, I finally have my matching Evo IX Recaro for my passengers. Thanks Gian!

Car recently hit 25k too. I got rid of the ****ty factory tune at 900 miles. It's probably had at least 10 oil changes, and I've added 3 half quarts over that time. Usually oil would be low after a flogging with SCCNH. It's probably averaged 18ish MPG over that time.

My favorite GR by far extra clean

Sent from my Galaxy SII using Tapatalk

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Re: 2010 OBP STi SE 17x10 RPF1s acquired!

Thanks for the kind words!

17x10 RPF1s acquired will be wearing 275 Hoosier A6s this season

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Re: 2010 OBP STi SE 17x10 RPF1s acquired!

Brakes bled and new ATE Superblue in. Fenders rolled and tires mounted:

17x10 RPF1 +38 w 275/40 Hoosier A6 Light rolling needed in the rear on RCE Yellows.

Whiteline ALK, Bumpsteer kit, rear camber bushings, Grimmspeed MCB and Cusco power brace going in soon. Better pictures after the first AX on the 22nd.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
Re: 2010 OBP STi SE #111 SM SCCNH

Few more updates after getting the tires mounted:

Grimmspeed master cylinder brace
Cusco Steering brace
Whiteline ALK V2 street
Whiteline RCA/Bump steer kit
Whiteline rear camber bushings
Eibach camber bolts

and a great alignment (with stock struts)

Cusco:

RCA:

ALK:

Good shot of the header:

Video of the SCCNH rumble last year. The first two runs are practice (hence the spin).

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Re: 2010 OBP STi SE #111 SM SCCNH

17x10 test fit and fun with Picasa. Chance of rain for the event is 50%, so hopefully I even get to run them.

Orange taillights and Hoosier flushness.

MEAT

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
Re: 2010 OBP STi SE 17x10 w/275 Hoosier A6 (RCE yellows)

Couple pics from the last event:

and of course...

Also swapped out my climate control for Forester premium knobs a while ago:

61 - 80 of 104 Posts