IW STi Forum banner

21 - 40 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Re: DHGurs' DD/Auto-X OBP STI with 17x8.5 RPF1s

Thanks! Yeah, it's waxed over. My detail guy just re-did the car and he actually buffed it very carefully too.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)

Have some auto-x pics and a video from last month's event. It was in a downpour, so it was interesting. 6/12 is the next event

Notes:
-Tranny mount was a nice upgrade and has made shifting and weight transfer much smoother.
-RPF1s make my car feel completely different after riding on the SE wheels for DD. 9lbs less a corner? Yes please!
-I had my rear diff and tranny fluid (grp-s) changed at 15k per Subaru's recommendation (RTFM)

AX pictures and video by Nick Muniz

Video link

Other pics with the nice wheels

Mountain biking season is upon us so:

·
Registered
51 Posts

Gary is running 8.5" wide RPFs, so it should be just bolt on. It's the 9" and 9.5" where you get into trouble with the spoke clearance due to the different profile.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #26

Great journal and photos.
So what did it take to get the RPF1's to fit?
Thanks! See Larry's response below.

Gary is running 8.5" wide RPFs, so it should be just bolt on. It's the 9" and 9.5" where you get into trouble with the spoke clearance due to the different profile.
Bingo! I added hub-centric rings as well. 17x8.5 and 18x10.5 are the only sizes that clear Brembos without spacers I believe.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Nice journal man, Im jealous of your rotors and the deal you got :tup:
Are those wheels in the picture with the mountain bike on top what came with the car? They're exactly what I've been looking for.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #29

Thanks for the info.
Any idea what offset and spacer is best for a 17x9?
According to teh Clap, 17x9s will not easily clear Brembos, going up .5 inch and using a spacer (+38 +5 = effective +33 front offset) or going to 17x8.5 is a better option. This thread is a good read.

Nice journal man, Im jealous of your rotors and the deal you got :tup:
Are those wheels in the picture with the mountain bike on top what came with the car? They're exactly what I've been looking for.
I'm a vulture for parts. :lol:

Those are the wheels that came with they car, they came on the 2010 SE in America, on the Spec-C in Japan, and on 2011 Canadian STis. They look great, are lighter than the 5 spokes, but heavier than the BBS.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Re: DHGurs' DD/Auto-X OBP STI with WBM Pics!

A couple pictures from WBM last week, this week will be the Mount Washington Climb to the Clouds. I'll be corner working.

Some of my local forum hanging out (NewEnglandSubarus)

ZOMG Girls!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
CTTC pics and stuff

Sooo Climb to the Clouds was awesome. I got to work at the summit on race day (bathrooms, shelter, and food.) I saw many crazy cars and met tons of great people while there.

A few pictures:

90psi mid-engined semi

Best. Audi. Ever. 3rd fastest time of the day, and "made" in VT

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #32

Moar!

#199 has nothing on...

84 Cavalier Chassis

Motorcycle engine

Evo II

V6 SHO powered

As he stuck the flag out:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #33

Aaaaaaand Hoonage:

Aaaand I'm spent:

PS: one more shot of my car from a recent meet courtesy of Ashley Bergeron

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Re: DHGurs' DD/Auto-X OBP STI SE, now with many Climb to the Clouds pictures

Got a great deal on a little engine bling:

Will have SPT heatshield, Grimspeed MCB, and Group-N motor mounts installed on Saturday as well. I'm taking off my stock grille tomorrow and sending it off to get painted OBP, I'll have an 08 WRX grille in place for a while... hilarious pics to come. :lol:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Re: 2010 Black STi SE DD/Weekend warrior

My grille was recently painted Obsidian Black Pearl by a local shop, Crossroads Collision. I put on a v7 STi grille badge as well. I also picked up a new Yakima Frontloader bike rack under warranty.

My awesome temporary grille. :lol:

New rack, much sturdier and better engineered.

And new grille:

Closeup of badge:

·
Registered
1,309 Posts

Do you know if the inno fairing will mount to the 08/09 factor cross bars?

Does the inno fairing come with all the mounting hardware and brackets?

Does the fairing leave any marks or scratches on your roof?

Thanks!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #38

Yes, yes, no. It comes with 4 little pieces of 3m tape that the fairing rests on. I only used two since my roof is already half 3m'd on the bike loading side

·
Registered
1,309 Posts

Yes, yes, no. It comes with 4 little pieces of 3m tape that the fairing rests on. I only used two since my roof is already half 3m'd on the bike loading side
Thanks for the quick response! I couldn't tell if you have the '10 OEM crossbars which are similar to '08/'09s, but the '10s are a bit thinner, shorter, and lack the mounting channel that the '08/'09 OEM crossbars have. I was worried the larger size of the '08/'09s would prevent me from installing it.

Any close up pics of the mounting clips/brackets against the crossbars?

Thanks again! :D

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #40

Thanks for the quick response! I couldn't tell if you have the '10 OEM crossbars which are similar to '08/'09s, but the '10s are a bit thinner, shorter, and lack the mounting channel that the '08/'09 OEM crossbars have. I was worried the larger size of the '08/'09s would prevent me from installing it.

Any close up pics of the mounting clips/brackets against the crossbars?

Thanks again! :D
I've seen pictures of them mounted to older bars, and I actually used to have a set before I came across a set of aero bars. The fairing would have no problem fitting that either. Here's a picture I took for you:

From the other side:

Hope that helps, I got it from autoanything.com as they were the cheapest. I think it worked out to about $70 shipped.

21 - 40 of 104 Posts