IW STi Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow! I never registered and posted until now because I didn't want to jynx myself out of the car!!

Here she is!! I'll post more pics once I get the DVD system in. :p

That's rain on the hood, nothing to worry about.

It's nice to finally be a member. The car is only being broken in right now, but holy freakin' @ is it sweet!

Yeah_Dawg

·
Registered
241 Posts
Where in Northeast Ohio are you? I'm going to be getting an STi in december, and I can't decide on what color combo to get. Black/silver is at the top of my list along with silver/silver and white/gold... Choice choices.

Wanna take me for a ride? :) I'm in Highland Hts BTW (near mayfield)

·
Registered
53 Posts
congrats - are both of your side valences (the piece that runs the length of the car beneath the doors) painted or just the one on the drivers side?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I live in Broadview Heights and work in Solon.

Both of my side valences are painted.

The car is pretty close to being broken in properly. I can't wait to let the turbo whine till it can't whine anymore. :D Plus, everyone just stares at the car when you drive by, they don't even know half of the story.

Before I install my in-dash DVD system, is anyone interested in me taking pictures and documenting the install? If so, let me know and I'll post the info in the Electronics forum.

I've already installed my Valentine 1 using a post from this forum and it went as smooth as silk.

Best Regards,
Yeah_Dawg

·
Registered
241 Posts
My dad's house is in Solon, and I have a lot of friends that live there too. That's awesome!

I went to the dealership yesterday to help ease my mind on which color I'm going to get (I'm stuck between black, silver and white).. and the black looked too... muddy... I don't like the brown tint that it has because of the gold flakes. Do you like it?

I might just get another silver car (i have a silver wrx right now), so we'll see. The white/silver looked awesome last night in the showroom! :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I absolutely love the black. When the sunlight hits it, the gold flakes are sweet!!

I think the car looks sweet on overcast days, too. Yeah, black is hard to keep clean. But when it's clean, it's evil!

Best Regards,
Yeah_Dawg

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What dealership are you working a deal with? I found many dealerships willing to go $1,200 under MSRP.

I actually ended up getting my car at Huebner Subaru in Carrollton, Ohio. Because they gave me a realistic deal for my trade in, they had the black STi and the salesman was very personable and cared about the car. You don't find too many salesmen that aren't pricks.

Yeah_Dawg

·
Registered
241 Posts
Ganley (east side). It's in Willoughby... on Euclid I believe.

The dealer is real nice, I haven't asked about prices yet, so I don't know exactly. I need to sell my 03 wrx first... with 14k miles and it's in MINT condition. How much should I hope to get for it?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
STi Everyday

The car has been totally awesome so far, even with the stock tires in the snow.

I put in my speakers (CDT's) and my in-dash DVD player (Pioneer) close to a month ago. I'll have to snap some picks for you. Installation of the DVD was a breeze with the wire harness from Circuit City. Installing the speakers and crossovers took a little more time, but not too difficult with the spacers from Innovative Automotive.

What color did you decide on?

Yeah_Dawg

·
Registered
2 Posts
Great looking car. I know black is the toughest to keep clean but it does it sure does shine. I sent you a PM if you haven't checked.

Boko

1 - 15 of 15 Posts