IW STi Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my black and gold last weekend. Sorry no pics yet, just have an old camera and haven't finished the roll yet.

I got a call the end of Sep to say we have a car for you. Unfortunately I was sent on business travel for 2 weeks. Was very sad, have an STI waiting for me and I have to go on travel for 2 weeks.

Picked it up in Scottsdale AZ, the day I picked it up it was raining. Figures one of 10 days a year it rains in AZ and it is the day I pick up my car.

Love the car, still breaking it in. Had 10.3 miles on it when I picked it up and now has 1000. Going to go another 500 before I push it over 3500 rpm.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had a couple dealers in cal offering MSRP but they were fairly north for me.

I ended up getting mine from AZ, but would have bought it from Cal if I had one available. Up to the point where I got this one I had turned down at least 7 STI's because they were the wrong color.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm enjoying my black/gold combo. My windows are tinted as well. The wife has a white wrx, but my black just looks..... "MEAN". :p

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I'm surprised to see that folks in Az are buying black cars..I guess it just gets so hot there that it doesn't matter what color your car is.

The Black STi is simply awesome. If I were'nt so anal about keeping it spotless that would have been my color. Enjoy!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
MX 9
First and foremost you must remember....."it's a dry heat!!" What a load of "poof" that is. HOT is HOT!! 102 today. Black/Dark performance vehicles are popular here. Due to the heat there are sooooo many light colored vehicles, the black really stands out.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
I'll take 120 in AZ over 85 and 90% humidity in TX any day. Last time I was in Phoenix it was supposedly close to 120 and last time I was in Austin, it was in the low 80's with around 90% humidity according to the weather report (I thought it started raining before that, not much of a scientist though) and I'll take the weather in AZ any day over humidity.

Also used to live in a very humid part of Japan and again, give me dry heat any day. It's no "poof"! Humidity SUCKS. :eek:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts