IW STi Forum banner

3081 - 3100 of 3114 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,691 Posts
Re: Billy's 987 Motorsports Built 05 STi FOR SALE!

How old is the fuel?

·
pwn n00bs
18,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,083

new. but i don't know what that idiot filled it up with. it probably took a full tank for him to get there and it's at half now, so he did fill up.

wise to drain? it's easy as pie on these GD's.

I had a few month old fuel in when it was in my garage, full, and put some stabilizer in it. the car ran great coming to work that day and leaving.

·
pwn n00bs
18,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,084

the small OEM timing belt bolt that holds the rear cover on the driver side, somehow, fell out, destroyed the timing belt, broke teeth on the gears.

I hope the valves are alright, dropped the header, the exhaust ones seem to be ok.

what a mess.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts

the small OEM timing belt bolt that holds the rear cover on the driver side, somehow, fell out, destroyed the timing belt, broke teeth on the gears.

I hope the valves are alright, dropped the header, the exhaust ones seem to be ok.

what a mess.

Oh my god... I hope everything is okay, Billy.

Man I wish I was closer to come and lend a hand :(

·
Premium Member
14,725 Posts

WTF, how can that bolt just fall out? Not due to vibration?? Jezz and it broke some of the gears, might of skipped a tooth or two. If it skipped a tooth or two you should be ok hence the reason why its running rich and stalling. Try using a boroscope to see inside for any damage in the valves.....good luck buddy.

·
pwn n00bs
18,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,088

From manually rolling it over, it doesn't seem to have had contact with the valves. But, they could already be bent. It rolled over smooth.

The driver side skipped some teeth, probably four or five. The bolt fell out and got squished on the driver exhaust valve and broke some teeth on it, while shredding the belt. So, I only need a new gear and belt.

I pulled everything off to be safe, and found the opposite side rear cover loose also. I use OEM torque specs on all these bolts, because I am anal (on my own car, on customers cars, I actually go a bit tighter, ironic right?). This is my own fault and would never want anyone to think I would let someone's car go with loose bolts.

So, long story short, It will be all cleaned up, new parts on soon and I'll try for a restart.

·
Registered
947 Posts

150 mph pulls on the highway while driving this thing home prob knocked that bolt loose, fucked up the car, scared the kid, kid calls bank and says he doesnt want to go thru with this purchase, and boom.... innocent Billy is stuck picking up some idiots joy ride tab

·
pwn n00bs
18,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,091

no matter the case, I am going to fix it better than before and let someone else enjoy the car. Everything happens for a reason in my opinion.

My top bolts holding the cover on were slightly loose too. So, 4.7 ft lbs or whatever Subaru says is not tight enough!!! Either use a lightweight loctite or go a little more..which normally, I do because it's a common sense thing.

·
Super Moderator
10,691 Posts

On one hand good news.

·
Premium Member
14,725 Posts

Yup!!! I agree. You drove this car how many times and this is the first someone else drives it and it comes back with an issue! I would go after him for the repairs.

·
pwn n00bs
18,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,094

Yup!!! I agree. You drove this car how many times and this is the first someone else drives it and it comes back with an issue! I would go after him for the repairs.
I would but this kid is non existent at times. He is at Fort Drum, so getting in contact with him is tough, nonetheless worthless.

The worst part is we have a $1,000 tow back bill.

It's whatever at this point, I'm going to get the car back in shape and I honestly may even go to EFI for a retune prior to sale. I think it needs Mikey's magic to be honest.

·
'do right & fear no one"
8,564 Posts

groovy, billy!

·
Registered
9,122 Posts

·
Banned
488 Posts

These are all signs that you shouldn't sell it :)

funny what you mention that, because when the car threw those CEL the day I brought it to work and has NEVER thrown any, i was like:confused:

Then, when Tanner said the thing doesn't run, I'm like can't be....it tried to blow itself up! but thankfully did not. :lol:

While I love this car, I did make a promise to sell it, and I am really really interested in starting with a 16 model!

3081 - 3100 of 3114 Posts