IW STi Forum banner

3061 - 3080 of 3114 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,726 Posts
Re: Billy's 987 Motorsports Built 05 STi FOR SALE!

No I highly agree, I really hope it is something stupid! He doesn't deserve any issues although I am sure he would be covered somehow? Maybe this is a sign that the car came back saying HEY FTARD DONT TRY AND SELL ME A AGAIN!

What I can't understand is why would the cylinders flood, from transportation? No way, because our cars were transported the same way, or even race cars transported and they fire right up? I want to know the reason WHY.

·
Registered
947 Posts

I'm going to have such bad anxiety until Billy gets back to us with what's going on

·
Registered
5,464 Posts

IIRC from the FSM, to clear a flood... hold pedal to floor and crank for 15 seconds

We use the same procedure for priming and checking stuff before built engine startup. It disables the fuel pump and does not fire the injectors.

·
Premium Member
14,726 Posts

I know, he is a best friend of mine and with everything going on I hope it is something a NooB would do and just a dumb mistake.

·
Premium Member
14,726 Posts

Hahhaha I use that same procedure to clear my flooded carb on my Camaro!!!

Reactions: Foo_Blyat

·
pwn n00bs
18,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,066

The transport company did not tamper with it. They are based out of flemington, nj and highly recommended, they do exotic cars daily. It was done by the owner and in an enclosed trailer.

The issue rises from the buyer, it did not run correct prior to transport picking it up and it sat in a Uhaul storage.

The car did leave without payment, shame on us yes. We had full faith of communication between the buyer and USAA bank. It came back in the same condition it left in thank god.

The cylinders seem flooded to us. I do not know why they would be though, it stumbles and wants to start up but won't and reeks of fuel right away.

·
Registered
947 Posts

I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Maybe the kid flooded the motor and freaked out thinking he popped it. Then bailed on the buy?

·
pwn n00bs
18,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,068

The car starts but barely runs when trying to start with the pedal 100% floored. It will not respond to throttle input there after (to bring RPM up, it does nothing). Then stumbles and will stall.

·
Premium Member
14,726 Posts

WTF???? Were you able to figure out why it won't start?

·
pwn n00bs
18,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,071

I do not know :( it has bizarre symptoms, no cel, it's not telling me anything is wrong. it does not throw a CEL while it's chugging like idling when it does start.
It's almost as if the tune is corrupted or something.

I am honestly stumped and not sure the next step to take to figure it out.

·
Premium Member
14,726 Posts

Did you check what map is currently loaded? I would contact Mikey and ask him. Maybe reload your base map and reflash the car and let me know if that helps?

Also have you done a compression test?

·
pwn n00bs
18,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,073

It starts on it's own now after clearing some fuel, but barely runs...very sluggish and almost sounds "off". It will try to rev up but can't, then eventually dies.

Timing?

Smells like fuel very bad.

Maps are from RT Tuning and both react the same way, I flashed both and tested both.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts

IIRC from the FSM, to clear a flood... hold pedal to floor and crank for 15 seconds

We use the same procedure for priming and checking stuff before built engine startup. It disables the fuel pump and does not fire the injectors.
I use this for compression tests as well. I'm surprised a modern fuel injected car could get flooded, unless a piece of hardware failed. I remember stripes had an injector stick open...

·
Premium Member
14,726 Posts

^Yes, I remember her injector stuck open and hydro locked. I would check your Fuel Pressure also, make sure they didn't mess with the regulator. Other than that do a compression test to check the cylinders. And finally could be a bad injector?

·
Premium Member
14,726 Posts

^Gaping could be off as well?

·
pwn n00bs
18,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,078

Plugs were changed, gapping set to .022 which is what EFI recommends. The plugs coming out where the same.

I can't imagine an injector being stuck open, I am going to put the car in the air and see if there's anything suspicious underneath and also change the oil.

·
Registered
947 Posts

They recommend to change the oil right away if a cylnder is flooded. Gas could have gotten in there from what I read yesterday

·
Premium Member
14,726 Posts

How a fuel injected car can get flooded is beyond me. I think something else is suspect.

3061 - 3080 of 3114 Posts