IW STi Forum banner

61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Re: Billy's '18 CBS STI Build - NT03RR powdercoated & installed!

Subscribed.
Do you get fender rub with that tire/wheel combo?

·
pwn n00bs
18,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #62

Subscribed.
Do you get fender rub with that tire/wheel combo?
no sir, no rub whatsover, i think it's a perfect wheel size/offset/tire size combo for these cars.

getting married end of august, so after that *hopefully* i can finally get some more mods. i have a growing list:lol:

i do have a kartboy ss with f/r bushings i need to install. and i really want a downpipe/cobb ap/sway bars next to pull everything together.

·
pwn n00bs
18,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #63

uh where did I disappear to?!

it's winter. and we renovated our house and I just put this car on the back burner for a very long time.
so to start, I really wanted to ditch the chrome/silver, whatever the hell colors Subaru has going on.

I added
OEM black fender badges (these cars should just come with a color coded version of this emblem, it's stupid being silver, it looks so much sleeker being the same color as the car!)
subispeed's flat black frames
subispeed's flat black vinyl with gloss black logo's.
subispeed's dark smoke tail light tint

now the emblems, I was not sure what direction to go. I wish I could just delete them, I hate them. I don't want the giant star cluster. I like the 05 look where it just was clean and a simple sti logo.
But this doesn't look bad and ties into the whole look.

·
pwn n00bs
18,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #65 (Edited)
Re: Billy's '18 CBS STI Build - black logos

Did you go stage 2 yet?
I did not and I do not know what I am waiting for:lol:

BUT...I do have this beautiful carbon fiber chargespeed front grill on the way:D
I didn't even realize this was available for the 18's-19's. I just can't get over the mustache grill on these cars and want to debadge it so bad and just have the STI logo.

·
pwn n00bs
18,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #67

How much weight can you take in your car until it gets difficult to do steep driveways and speed bumps?
I honestly do not know:lol:
it's only ever two people. i have another vehicle if i plan on hauling things around.
i'm just not sure what it could take before becoming too low!

·
pwn n00bs
18,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Re: Billy's '18 CBS STI Build - black logos

long story short, I received my chargespeed grille a while ago and it had shit clear coat on it (blurry white). I sent it back to evasive motorsports and then new ones were backordered. they got new ones in and all of them were not perfect, oh well, it is what it is.

I installed it, along with an acrylic STI etched license plate delete ($15 from etsy!), and the STI front grille emblem from the 08+ cars.

I've also e-mailed pete at efi logics (long time friends of mine) to round up what is needed for a solid, powerful stage 2 tune. basically I am going to add
equal length header
1050x injectors
cobb fpr upgrade kit
boost solenoid
aem fuel pump

Attachments

61 - 68 of 68 Posts