IW STi Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just installed a bigger tmic and its rubbing on something and i can't tell wat its rubbing on its really annoying when ur in the car can someone help me out?

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it sounds like its coming from under the ic cause when i push down on it it makes the sound i hear from inside the car.

·
Premium Member
4,591 Posts
I had the same problem when I put in my Spearco. I solved the problem by putting in a catchcan which let me get rid of the hard pipe that bolts to the IC. Has to be done if you go front mount as well.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Check the AC line behind the intercooler. I had to deal with a rattle from the AC line with stock IC.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
KikBakKar said:
Check the AC line behind the intercooler. I had to deal with a rattle from the AC line with stock IC.
that could be it too. sometimes you have to moce the part of the a/c line on the driver side behind the tmic down a bit. i think its pretty easy to relocate. you dont need to add anything, just move the bracket down a hole or something like that.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
o ok im going to go take a look at it real quick

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so i just looked at it i think it mite be these little plastic clips that hold the water sprayer hose to the hood thats making the noice

·
Registered
594 Posts
My spearco rubbed against the hood. The noise went away after it made (wore) it's own custom "mark". I also removed the plastic clips and re-routed the hose through the hood and out the washer nozzle.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
o ok i mite do thats thanks for ur help guys.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts