IW STi Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a clutch but i need to know what is involved. i see fly wheel i see clutch kit i see stage 1-9 i see exedy i see act. what is the best for the money meaning performance and long lasting for no mods but future modes after roush takes it for emissions testing.

i need it quick and i work at toyota and my master mechanic is going to do it on saturday. i know i could search and read for hours but i just dont have the time guys.

there are alot of people out there in iwsti land that know what i need and i would love it if someone could point me in the right direction. i have to many projects going on right now. #1 my f-150 lightning # old f-150 rebuild and #3 the sti which will be #1 in the spring.

first time i have had a clutch and im having a difficult time. but i love my sti more than anything and i need it back!

THANK YOU IWSTI.COM MEMBERS!

ADAM:confused:

·
Registered
422 Posts
Clutch choice depends on how much torque you plan on having, and how much street driving you plan on doing. If you plan on some modest improvements in torque then a new stock clutch will do. For more power a stage 1, of stage 2 clutch is still very streatable.

You need to list your plans for better advice.

You will need a disk, pressure plate, and throw out bearing. Plan on changing your tranny fluid. You have to drain it anyway. You may need a down pipe gasket, but if you are planning on a turbo back in the spring you might try and get by with the old one for the winter.

Your stock flywheel is probably OK. If you plan on auto-x, or road type racing you will like a lighter flywheel. With auto-x and street launches don't get greedy with the weight reduction. One step lighter. For drag racing you probably want the stock mass. If you do change the flywheel you will want an new pilot bushing and bolts.

Just had mine changed out today...

·
Registered
2005 STi
1,249 Posts
The ACT street clutch kit is a very good all around clutch for upwards of 400whp as well. It is a little stiffer and grabbier than stock, and the feel is great.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts