IW STi Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just figured I'd share with all the Texas STi owners who live in or around the Austin area. I just went by a shop called MZM performance in Austin to speak with the head guy on a plan of attack for modding this car. The shop was incredibly clean, the salepeople were extremely friendly and courteous and OVERWHELMINGLY knowledgeable. Unfortunately, the mods that we have semi-planned won't come in the real near future. I have to wait until my fiance is done with her nursing degree (two years). But I just wanted to tell all of ya'll out there who are planning on going all out CRAZY on this car at some point, be careful the mods you do now as you may just be throwing money at the car for mods which will be unuseable at the time for the serious craziness to begin. Check it out for yourself at www.mzmperformance.com Look at the customer cars. There are two STi's with a bunch of pics in there...one black and one blue. I'm sure you'll enjoy them. They also have a AWD dyno there...VERY SWEET SHOP......

·
Registered
57 Posts
Anyone wrapped in Hankook W404's??

MZM is good people. they know how to treat customers and they take care of them, unlike another big name in austin i had issues with...

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you dealt one on one with MZM yet?....if so, what have you had done?????....and the other business in Austin that you had the problems with...what was it, so I don't wind up goin' there someday?....I haven't had anything done through MZM yet, but definately plan to have them do the major work on my car in the future when the finances are available.....Let us know....Thanks

·
Registered
57 Posts
i haven't had any major work done, but they did some minor work on my integra (installed full exhaust, had 2 broken studs, got em out QUICK). they treated me like a somebody and not like some piece of trash carying "their" money. as far as the other company goes, it's the only other "big" company in the austin area, i'm basically saying the name by droppin that hint. the only reason i don't want to give out a name is because bad advertisment is still advertisment. the "other shop" made me feel like i was a nobody and after getting some prices from them (for parts and labor) the math added up to equal "i'm going to pay you double for what exactly?!?!". apparently i was getting a "hook up" *shrug*. i like honesty, that's where my business will go when i'm back in a-town, MZM.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I used to hang out with the guys at MZM before (When we would go driving on the weekends etc) They are good people and love cars (Rx7's especially) They do good work and are very good at what they do. They have built and worked on alot of cars (as you could tell by the pictures in their books) that are high HP and high priced.
I would never go to pro-tech for work over MZM, they just dont advertise like protech does so you hear more about protech.

My 2 cents but knowing them personally I can say their good people too along with the good quality work they do.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I had my Greddy E-01 installed there. They did a great job, and even took me out on a test drive afterwards to make sure I knew how to work it. I even had lunch with them afterwards. They are some really great guys, and they run a clean and honest shop. When I was there, I saw a really fast STI that they have done a lot of work on. 374 WHP!! It was an amazing car. They just came out with a new 370 HP upgrade package. Seems a little expensive, but will produce good power.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts