1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I'll let the two letters that I've typed to Subaru basically sum it up:

LETTER #1
Hello,

I am writing you regarding my 2004 STi (VIN # xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx). Since I have purchased the car, I have had constant problems with it. I have had a stress crack in my windshield, struts replaced numerous time, a transmission replaced on it, an engine replaced, and now my car is in the shop again with engine problems. It has been at your Barrie dealer for longer than a month. My car has +/- 70,000kms and I have purchased the extended warranty to 100,000kms however this is extremely frustrating that I have had this many problems with my car. I do not abuse or overdrive it in any way, yet I continue having major, major problems with it. I really didn't expect this when I purchased your top model car. This is very discouraging that this has happened as this has been my favorite car I have ever owned (when it has been problem free, at least). I am now very worried that when I go to resell or trade-in my car, it will have zero value due to all these major problems. Also, of concern is that I would just simply like to be driving my car and not have it sitting in a shop as it has been doing for over a month, and has done before for weeks at a time. What can be done in this situation? I really enjoy owning subarus, but this has been a very, very bad experience for me.

Sincerely,

Shane

After recieving no word from them in 2 weeks and still not getting my car back, I sent another letter:

LETTER #2

I've now received word from the dealership that the part they are waiting for on my car will not be available for another week and a half and that I have to return the rental car that they've given me. This is absolutely unacceptable. I am now left without a car. I NEED a resolution to this problem ASAP. This is NOT what I expected when I purchased this car. Something must be done to rectify this problem. I have been extremely patient with the dealer and your company but at this point I need some action. Please contact me as quickly as possible so that we may discuss the situation. Please call the dealership directly so that you too may the most current status on the vehicle. I can also be reached on my cell phone at xxx-xxx-xxxx.
I appreciate your immediate attention to this matter and look forward to speaking with you at your earliest convenience.

My car has now been gone 2 months and they haven't replied once. I'm going to be contacting a lawyer next week. This is just ridiculous. I'm never buying a Subaru again.
-Shane

·
Registered
171 Posts
you could probably sew in some way...there is definetly something bad with this situation. get in touch with a lawyer and do research

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
flatthump said:
Honestly....You should learn to work on your own car.

Screw the dealership.

Work on my own car? Did you SEE the problems I had? I've been told that there has been $20'000 worth of work done on my car (oh ya, forgot to mention new fuel injectors too). If I work on my own car I woulda been doing all that out of my own pocket AND I don't really think I have the skills to do that sort of stuff (replacing an engine?!?!). Anyways, the real problem is that they keep on telling me something's wrong with the car, yet the part is on backorder. Then they'll get that part in aaaand guess what, it wasn't the problem they thought it was, soooo, they'll order another part on back order. This is going on, and on, and on. Eff this, I've had it.

·
The Hoff Fan Club, member #001
9,936 Posts
if your car is stock, there's no need for you to work on it yourself and worry about breaking something or not doing something right. I would send letters to SOA and see what they say. You should check out what your local lemon laws say.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
evilSTi7 said:
if your car is stock, there's no need for you to work on it yourself and worry about breaking something or not doing something right. I would send letters to SOA and see what they say. You should check out what your local lemon laws say.
Those WERE letters I sent to SOA. No response in 3 weeks. Has anyone else even HEARD of someone else having problems like this? what can I do other than talk to a lawyer?

·
Registered
8,266 Posts
Shaner said:
Work on my own car? Did you SEE the problems I had? I've been told that there has been $20'000 worth of work done on my car (oh ya, forgot to mention new fuel injectors too). If I work on my own car I woulda been doing all that out of my own pocket AND I don't really think I have the skills to do that sort of stuff (replacing an engine?!?!). Anyways, the real problem is that they keep on telling me something's wrong with the car, yet the part is on backorder. Then they'll get that part in aaaand guess what, it wasn't the problem they thought it was, soooo, they'll order another part on back order. This is going on, and on, and on. Eff this, I've had it.
K man I feel you. But do you know what is wrong with your car?

I mean...I guess its not the customers 'area' to know exactly whats wrong with the car they own. But it sure helps when you own a performance car like this. Otherwise it goes in to the dealership and they give you isht like this.

20,000$ WHoa. Engine=about 4000$ Tranny=7000$ injectors= 550$

·
Registered
8,266 Posts
Shaner said:
Those WERE letters I sent to SOA. No response in 3 weeks. Has anyone else even HEARD of someone else having problems like this? what can I do other than talk to a lawyer?
What are they working on exactly? I say the first thing is find out every goddamned part they've ordered and replaced on your impreza. Tell us more about the original problem then report back with all the work they said they've done. As detailed as possible.

We should be able to tell if they are honestly having trouble getting your car working properly.

Steve

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
flatthump said:
K man I feel you. But do you know what is wrong with your car?

I mean...I guess its not the customers 'area' to know exactly whats wrong with the car they own. But it sure helps when you own a performance car like this. Otherwise it goes in to the dealership and they give you isht like this.

20,000$ WHoa. Engine=about 4000$ Tranny=7000$ injectors= 550$
Add labour onto that brotha! Also, I'm in Canada;) lol. Well, what's wrong with my car right now is that it is misfiring as well as injecting too much fuel into the cylinders. Honestly though, this is a REALLY complicated car and although I DO know a 'bit' about cars, I really don't feel comfortable trying to diagnose problems like this. Especially when it's under warranty and I could end up doing damage and voiding the warranty.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok, ok, I think I need to clarify. So far since they got it they've replaced all the gaskets and fuel injectors. It took them like a month to do that because most the parts were on back order. Replacing all that stuff didn't do anything so now they say it's the fuel injection control unit (I think that's what they called it). Only problem is, it's been on backorder for like a month. This is what they've been TELLING me. Who knows if it's the truth at this point.....

·
/////////
8,448 Posts
Get a lawyer and have him write SOA a letter, i`m sure you know someone that can do that. They might not give you everything they want but i`m sure things will move a little faster, good luck and I hope everything works out.

·
Premium Member
3,199 Posts
You best bet is to get a lawyer and check the lemon laws. That sound like a lemon to me. I am really sorry you've had all these problems.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, I talked to the dealership today and the part is in that we were waiting for. They're going to install it asap and let me know if it's fixed. Hopefully it will be.

Btw, I don't want to make this sound like I have a problem with the dealership my car was at. I don't at all. They're awesome. They were just waiting on the backordered parts and taking instructions from SOC. It's really SOC I have the problem with. I don't think I'm going to just drop this issue once my car is fixed. This was a REALLY bad experience. I'll let you guys know what happens once they get the fuel control unit installed.

·
Premium Member
3,199 Posts
Do they actually know what the problem is, or are they just throwing parts at it right now, hoping that is what sorts it out.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Sorry to hear man. Hopefully after this trip to the dealer, everything would go back to normal, and that you won't have to bring your car to the dealer for problems again. Good luck to you!

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Call the dealer and ask for the phone number of your regional subaru rep. If they won't give it to you, ask that he call you asap. I would get someone on the phone and not let them off until they have commited to solving your issues.

·
Registered
13,608 Posts
That's pretty interesting that they didn't answer. I had really good luck with them answering.

Did you try this link?

http://www.subaru.com/tools/contactus/index.jsp

I would copy and paste your letter in there.

I've used this link 3 times and they always answered.

I'm with you though, an STi ownership shouldn't be like this.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Well, just talked to the dealship and guess what? They installed my part and it still doesn't work. Even better is now, one of my cylinders just hydro-locked. Just awesome..... I'm getting a lawyer. This is too much. That car is done.

EDIT: Ok, in the meantime I've phoned SOC. The lady I spoke with was really nice and sympathetic. Problem is now, I don't even want this car back........ is that reasonable to say? I mean, honestly, I've only got 25,000kms left on warranty and after that the car will be (if it continues down this path) valueless. What should I do? Ask them to just buy it back off of me? I'm sooo pissed.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts