IW STi Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, ive decided im getting an sti. Some of you may remember me, as i posted a bit a few months ago, and then stopped posting because i realized that im in dream world, because i dont have any money. So i got a bright idea. Ask you guys!

Im 17, and im a junior in high school. How can i make money for the payments and insurance

(puts on asbestos clothing in preperation of flames)

·
So Gangster It Hurts
3,521 Posts
Since you have your flame-retardant suit on, I won't state the obvious. :p

Making money for payments and insurance? Depends on what you have for a down. With minimal down, you're looking at around $700 a month (and I'm 100000% sure you'll need a cosigner for a $34000 loan) and insurance? Prepare to take it in the ass from your insurance company. I wouldn't doubt your rates will equal your loan payments.

For what you're going to pay every month, you could own a house. :eek:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea, i definately know how much it will cost, im talking about anybody having links to get-rich-quick schemes, or the like. Or hell, maybe ill just start stealing wallets. mmm, maybe if i overstate my profit margins from my earnings at my fast-food job maybe i can take the general public and make a fortune by cashing in my stocks right before i get fired for dreaming of the sti on job! mmmm, if only my parents bought stocks in microsoft for a birth investment.

so far, my only ideas have been illegal. anybody want to give me something legitimate i can do 20 hours a week and pay for the sti?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
and i dont want any posts about me getting some kind of education or anything goofy like that. i want an sti soon. i suppose if you know of any 2 year education that pays big-time, or any other job i could get into, that would be great. all i know at this point is money buys cars and happiness in general.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Hey man, im saving for an sti too, im 16, and should have one by next christmas, or so... Ill have a grand next week, and i need at least 10-15 grand for the down. Estimated payments at 10 grand are about 375 if i remember correctly, and insurance would be about the same... Its a lot of money, but im sure it will be worth it. I currently work at a local starbucks making 6.75 an hour plus tips (averages about 8.75 an hour) I go to school and work over 30 hours a week, sometimes over 35. I suggest you just sit back and save, get a good paying job and do what im doing. Walk peoples dogs, baby sit, house sit, shovel snow, mow lawns, do what ever makes some money. Good luck bro

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
that was pretty cool yukonart...

this whole post was pretty tongue-in-cheek cause im just another one of those kids oogling your car when you drive by lol, and unfortunately i suppose at the moment high-school education comes first (and besides i couldnt get a job to pay for the sti without an education rofl). Anyway, its funny that you said dental hygenist, because thats what ive been planning on doing for quite a long time. Seeing as how that takes 2 years, and ive got 2 model years of high school left (see how much im into cars? i count my years according to model years lol) so i suppose i can take aim at a 2008. i think that when i saw that production number chart somewhere around the site a while back that the sti will get a facelift every 2 or 4 years, i cant remember.

The only thing that makes me sad about all this is that by that time i may be able to get a hold of the sti it may still be awesome, but it could be everywhere, it could suck (please dont flame me, we dont know what will happen that far in the future) and a lot of the things i think are cool now will probably be gone. I love the manual transmission, but id be willing to bet that by 2008 a performance car in general, and especially one with the personality of the sti will have a true sequential manual transmission on it. Not that those arnt sweet, but little things like that make me feel crappy kind of. i personally hate waiting, but supposedly the anticipation of something is better than getting it in some ways. Im a professional daydreamer, and i get myself in bad situations by wanting stuff out of my league lol. Whatever, ill race you all in my blazer (its got a vortec, im a sleeper to all the other 4x4s out there lol). Im personally pretty fortunate to have that in the grand scheme of things.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey future sti owner...you work 35 hours a week...

where do you live...i do believe that is against federal law for a high-schooler to work over 20 hours a week...that is hardcore. i dont know if working that much at my job (7.50 hour) would be worth it. I calculated everything out myself, and figured i would have to work about 32 hours a week to pay for it. I dont know about you, but hell thats working outta school 4 hours a night, then the weekends too to make up the diff. I figure on getting an sti when i finish dental hygenist school so i can live at home then too. The job pays about 36 dollars an hour here where i live, but of course i get the living crap taxed out of my single young ass so i make a little less. still, living at home i could take home enough money in a year to pay for insurance, the car (fully) and about 5-6 grand in mods, then use the remaining 3 grand on fast food and gas. Thats a minimalist situation, but then again its religating ALL of my money towards the car, which is one sided as well. I digress.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Do you have a UPS hub nearby? They work you to death for $8-10/ hr. But they have good benefits. They will help pay for your colledge courses plus have medical beneifits. Usually it is only 4-5 hours per night.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Save that money for college. Go to a good school and do well. Get the toys later. Regardless of what you do...work hard and save lots.

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
Anyone getting/gotten aftermarket leather for thier seats?

What he said. ^^^

Also, why piss away your youth by working crazy hours while going to school only to drive a nice car. Wait till you get old, which happens quick, and you will regret it. You will have plenty of time during the rest of your life to work your ass off.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I don't mean to teach you anything. If I were you, I would save my hard earned money for college. Forget about this expensive toys for now. Education is very important. Focus on your school work. I think you are lucky that you have a car at 17.

Quite frankly, I immigrated into U.S. 18 years ago. When I landed on the US soil, I only had US$200 in my pocket. I can't even buy an old car with thousands of miles on it. If I didn't go to college, I would have probably been driving an old junk car or even homeless. Anyway, I hope I am not preaching. Work hard and study hard. All the nice toys will come in the future. I don't think "Get-rich-quick" scheme ever exists. Otherwise, everyone will be rich on this planet.

·
Registered
343 Posts
In the spirit of keeping this tongue-in-cheek:

Instead of figuring out how to get 30+ grand of a STi. Try getting your hands on about 5K for a used WRX, another 1K for a big wing, STi stickers and gold paint for the brakes. This plan will take less than a year. Good luck. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts