IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 550 Posts

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
General Info/Intro:

Hi my name is Randy and Im 25 years old. I graduated with a bachelor's degree in Business Management and currently hold a position as General Manager. This is my 2011 Wingless SWP STI Sedan, I call her Emy. She currently sits at stage 2+ and puts down 331whp/361wtq @ 20psi on pump 93 as of her last dyno run.

I also manage this page, don't forget to hit that :tup: button
https://www.facebook.com/SubaruImprezaWrxStiTuner

Current Modifications:

ICE/Safety
-AAA First Aid Car Kit
-Alpine SPS-610C 6.5" Front Component Speakers
-Alpine SPS-610 6.5" Rear Coaxial Speakers
-Alpine SWR-10D4 10" Enclosed Subwoofer
-Alpine MRV-M500 Mono Amplifier
-Audio Integrations Subwoofer Enclosure
-Dynamat Extreme Speaker Kit
-Emergency Triangle Flare Kit
-Kenwood DNX6190 Head Unit w/ PAC
-NVX JAD800.4 4-Channel Amplifier
-Passport 9500IX
-Viper Model 5704 2-Way Security w/ Remote Start

Interior
-Custom Gloss Black Interior Trim Pieces
-JCS Single Guage A-Pillar Pod
-JPM Alcantra Shift Boot
-JPM Alcantra Brake Boot
-JPM Alcantra Armrest Cover
-JPM Alcantra Center Console
-JPM Alcantra Shifter Trim
-JW Motoring Interior LED's
-OEM Duracon Shift Knob
-Prova S Dial
-Prova Rear View Mirror
-SMY Accessport V3 Mount
-WeatherTech Floor/Trunk Mats

Exterior
-AeroFlow Splitter V2
-AeroFlow Side Skirt Extensions V2
-AeroFlow Rear Spats V2
-Grimmspeed Front Plate Relocation
-JW Motoring Switchback Turn Signals
-OEM Rain Guards
-OEM Fog Lights
-Prova Side view Mirrors
-Rally Armor Mud Flaps
-Rear Tow Hook
-Red Hella Horns
-R205 Side Fender Badges
-Rally Armor Mud Flaps
-3000k Hella Fog Lights
-20% Tints
-50% Windshield Tint

Drivetrain:
-Kartboy Short shifter
-DSS Carbon Fiber Driveshaft
-Perrin Pitch Stop Mount
-Perrin Engine Mounts
-Perrin Transmission Mounts
-Turn In Concepts Holy Shift Kit

Performance/Engine
-AEM Dual Guage Failsafe (AFR/PSI)
-Aeromotive Fuel Pressure Regulator
-Cobb Accessport
-Cobb SF Intake + Airbox
-Cobb EBCS
-DW65c Fuel Pump
-FIC 1100c Injectors
-Grimmspeed Phelonic 3mm Spacers
-Grimmspeed Turbo Heat Shield
-Grimmspeed TMIC
-Grimmspeed Lightweight Crank Pulley
-IAG Fuel Rails V2
-Invidia Catless Downpipe
-Moroso Dual Catch Cans
-Nameless Catback Exhaust
-TGV Deletes
-Tial 38mm EWG (14 PSI)
-Tomei EL Header/Uppipe with a custom welded 38mm flange for EWG
-Tomei Turbo Inlet

Brakes
-Goodridge SS Brake Lines

Suspension/Stiffening/Alignment
-ARP Extended Wheel Studs
-Cusco Steering Rack Brace
-Eibach Springs
-Eibach Swaybars Front and Rear
-Eibach Front Camber Bolts
-Kartboy Front and Rear Endlinks
-Kartboy Front and Rear Shifter Bushings
-Whiteline Anti Roll Center Kit
-Whiteline Rear Sway bar support brace
-Whiteline Steering Rack Bushings
-Whiteline Rear Diff Positive Power Kit Bushings
-Whiteline Rear Positive Traction Kit
-Whiteline Rear Trailing Arm Front Bushing Kit
-SuperPro Gearbox Positive Shift Kit
-2015 13:1 Steering Rack

Wheels
Summer:
-Volk TE37 SL 18x10 +40
-Continental DW 255/35/18
-Muteki SR 48 Neo Chrome Lug Nuts

Winter:
-Gloss White Stock Enkei's
-Dunlop SP Winter Sport 245/45/18

Wishlist:
  • Voltex GT Wing Type 2

Attachments

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Re: 2011 Wingless SWP STI Sedan

Timeline/Glossary/Events/Milestones:
(12/21/12) First Day!
(01/08/13) ICE/Safety Upgrades
(02/01/13) Subtle Aesthetics upgrades
(04/01/13) More Appealing Aesthetics upgrades
(04/03/13) Stage 1 Perfomance Mods
(04/08/13) Gallery #1
(04/09/13) Wheels
(07/31/13) Stage 1 Protune
(08/02/13) Gallery #2
(09/03/13) Suspension Mods
(10/06/13) Custom Diffuser in!
(11/14/13) Winter Mode !
(11/22/13) Stage 2 Parts
(12/13/13) Interior Makeover
(02/11/14) Bushings and Mounts
(02/26/14) VTR Protune, Stage 2+ & addtl. parts
(04/04/14) PAS Protune, Installed FIC 1100c Injectors
(05/12/14) Front Splitter Installed
(05/30/14) Gallery #3
(07/16/14) Status Spa Seat Installed
(08/14/14) DSS Driveshaft
(08/21/14) '15 Steering Rack + Other goodies
(09/29/14) DAMD Steering Wheel Installed
(05/08/15) Volk TE37 SL Mounted
(06/11/15) '15 STi Rear Under Spoiler Retrofitted

Previous Set-ups

Summer 2014

Summer 2013

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

(12/21/2012)
The first day I got her

She came with

-Kenwood DNX 9960 Head Unit with reverse camera
-Rear Lip
-Red Hella Horns
-Rear Tow Hook
-Rain Guards
-Debadged STI Symbol in the rear
-S205 STI Fender Badges
-Tints

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768 and weights 66KB.

Mods in the near future will consist mostly of aesthetics until the warranty runs out.

·
Registered
19 Posts

looks like youre at a lexus dealer? im a lexus tech and i got my 2012 sti about a year ago and i love it! take care of her and shell love you back :)

·
Registered
2,460 Posts

Looks classy :D:tup:

Plus, you look like my younger twin.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

It's an air/oil separator. Keeps oil from the crankcase from being blown back into the intake and getting burned off (which may, in severe cases, lead to detonation, lung cancer, and diabetes)
Oh alrights thanks for the tip, I'll look into it.

looks like youre at a lexus dealer? im a lexus tech and i got my 2012 sti about a year ago and i love it! take care of her and shell love you back :)
Yea I purchased her at a lexus dealership, and definitely will. Thanks!

Jealous of your trunk!
Haha no trades! I was actually iffy at first when I saw the pics of the car online at cars.com, but once I saw her in person it was love at first sight.

Looks classy :D:tup:

Plus, you look like my younger twin.
Thanks man! Yea everyone keeps saying the car has a more mature look, I plan on keeping it like so

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)

UPDATE (1/08/13)
(ICE/Safety upgrades)

I decided to go with a entry-level audio system as I want to save up some cash for my performance mods later down the road, but at the same time this is my daily driver in which I drive 45 miles everyday so the aspect of comfortability cannot be excluded.

-Alpine SPS-610C 6.5" Front Component Speakers
-Alpine SPS-610 6.5" Rear Coaxial Speakers
-Pioneer TS-SWX251 10" Enclosed Subwoofer
-NVX JAD800.4 4-Channel Amplifier
-Kenwood KAC-1502S Mono Amplifier
-Belva BAK82
-Belva BAK42
-Dynamat Extreme Speaker Kit
-Kenwood DNX 6190 Head unit w/ Metra Axxess ASWC
-Viper Model 5704 2-Way Security w/ Remote Starter
-AAA First Aid Car Kit
-Emergency Triangle Flare Kit

Group shot :D

Kenwood KAC-1502S mono amp for the subwoofer

NVX JAD 800.4 amp for the speakers

Close up shot of the NVX amp

Front component speaker vs rear coaxial speaker (Alpine Type S 6.5")

Pioneer TS-SWX251 10" subwoofer

Another shot of the subwoofer

Kenwood DNX 6190HD Head unit

Kenwood head unit with the rest of the equipment

Viper Model 5704

AAA Car first Aid Kit

Emergency Triangle Flare Kit

Review: (All my audio and security was professionally installed, excuse my lack of knowledge..lol)

Kenwood DNX 6190, Overall I was very well pleased with it, the new head unit (DNX 6190) I chose was so much more user friendly than the old head unit I had (DNX 9960). Im just more of a buttons & knob guy and is what eventually sealed the deal for me in the end. The DNX 9960 was a full 7 inch touch screen which was cool but the location of the touch sensitive buttons were too small. A lot of times I would find myself ejecting the screen and overall the touch sensitivity felt prehistoric compared to the iPhone. So it just had to go. Love the fact that the DNX 6190 comes with an equalizer allowing me to adjust the audio settings to my liking. I retained my volume controls, mode, and seek controls on my steering wheel with the new unit but lost all b/t functionality on the steering wheel, which is fine since I never use it.

Alpine Speakers were my highlights. The speakers were dynamatted and they sound so well when the volume is turned up. They dont sound distorted at all, the high's sound so crisp. I was very well pleased with what these entry level speakers can punch. Im sure the amp contributes a great amount into the sound quality.

Pioneer Subwoofer im still on the fence about, it sounds good in local traffic or when you are standing still but once you hit the highway its hard to hear it with all the road noise. I might change it in the future but changing the sub might require me to change the amp as well so it's on hold for now. I have it attached with 3m velcro in my trunk, that way I can take it out easily if I need to make room. Update: Decided to keep the sub, I'm fine with it, not looking to spend any more cash on audio.

Amplifiers punch out enough juice for my set-up and were conveniently placed under the seats, one under the driver seat and the other under the passenger seat. They fit like a glove under the seats and there is plenty of ventilation, Ive tried touching them after a 40 min commute and it is safe to place your hand on them, they dont get hot at all. The fact that they are under the seats saves me ton of a space as well. They also come with filters which is cool.

Viper remote starter with security is awesome, it works well and I love the 2 way responder, it alerts you of everything that is happening with your car from when a door opens to even the temperature of the car. Since the sti's are manual there is a unique way I had to learn to leave the car in "remote start mode" upon existing. Took about a day to master it but once I got it down it works as charm.

AAA First Aid kit is a 128 piece set, the majority of the "pieces" are bandaids and things of that nature. Comes with all the needed materials if an injury were to happen and Im sure it will get the job done if it needs to be used. Id recommend one just in case.

Emergency Triangle Flare Kit is quality stuff, however the case it comes with not so much. The triangles themselves weigh a good amount, Im sure it will stay in place if a semi were to fly by. Getting them up and planted only take seconds.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Re: 2011 Wingless STI Sedan/ The White Mamba

UPDATE (02/01/13)
Subtle Aesthetics upgrades

Got some more goodies in today and installed most of them.

-Rally Armor Mud Flaps
-Perrin Antenna 3 Inch
-Grimmspeed Front Plate Relocation
-Subtle Solutions Front Plate Delete
-Drop Engineering Open Extended Red Lug Nuts
-Interior LEDs from JW Motoring
-JW Motoring Switchback Turn Signals
-350z OEM 350z Rays Forged Track Edition Rims V1 (Powdercoated Super Durable Wet Black)
-Rays Valve Stems

Group Shot :D

:mad: Upon removing the front license place I found a few scratches and nicks, Im going to apply some touch up paint to fix the issue

Review:
Rally Armor Mud flaps are awesome, the urethane material seems very durable and Im sure it can take quite a beating. Install seems simple and straight forward,in my case it was a little different since the previous owner took out the fender liners in the rear. Installation shouldn't take no more than 40 minutes. Purchased from Oakos Automotive. Took 3 days to arrive.

Grimmspeed Front location Plate comes with high quality parts and offers a good amount of adjustability, they also throw in 2 grimmspeed license plate holders. Installation took about 20 minutes. Purchased from Oakos Automotive. Took 3 days to arrive

Subtle Solutions Front Plate Delete is made out of good quality material, it comes with 2 black screws to match the plate delete. Installation took about 5 minutes. Purchased directly from subtle solutions. Took 3 days to arrive

Perrin 3" Antenna is working great thus far, I haven't experienced any loss or distorted signal from the radio/head unit. Installation took about 20 seconds. Purchased from Oakos Automotive. Took 3 days to arrive.

JW Motoring Interior/Exterior Led's are hella BRIGHT, they add a classy touch to the interior and exterior. Installation is simple and took about 15 minutes for the interior including the trunk bulb. The license plate bulbs were a pita since the screws were rusted in there, taking the plate off will create space so you can be more comfortable, but I did it with on, took about 30 minutes for them alone. Purchased from JW Motoring. Took about 5 days to arrive.

JW Motoring Switchback Turn Signals are hella BRIGHT as well, they look great too. Installation is a tight fit (Driver side is the more difficult side) but very possible to do. Took about 15 minutes. Purchased from JW Motoring. Took about 3 days to arrive.

Drop Engineering Open Extended Red Lug nuts, I have yet to install these they have a very nice finish to them. The red looks similar to a candy red, we'll see how long it lasts after several uses. Purchased from Oakos Automotive. Took 3 days to arrive.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts

Off to a nice start! I'd do a bit reading on a staggered setup on the STI though before running them for an extended time.. (in short, I've only read that it's bad for the diffs.)

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)

Off to a nice start! I'd do a bit reading on a staggered setup on the STI though before running them for an extended time.. (in short, I've only read that it's bad for the diffs.)
Thank you! Yes I know all about it, thanks for your concern. I will still have staggered wheels just identical tire sizes with the wider rims in the front.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)

Took the rays off and put on the stockers. Too much rubbing going on with 265's in the back even with a fender roll, granted it helped a lot but it still rubs.

How she currently sits.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)

UPDATE (04/01/13) More appealing aesthetics mods

Had these guys laying around for quite a while, got them professionally painted Gloss Black. Just started installing them, slowly but surely I will be done with everything by the end of this week.

-S206 Style Sideskirts
-CS Style Front Lip
-HT Rear Lips (Spats)
-HT Exhaust Shields
-HT Rear Diffuser V1

Click here to jump to Gallery #1

Review:
S206 Style Sideskirts are made out of quality fiberglass. Fitment was almost dead on, I'd say about 97% fitment wise. The STI badges I had to use some 3m double sided tape since the adhesive it came with was kind of dull. Install took about 1 hour and 30 minutes.

CS Style Front Lip is made out of polyurethane. Fitment wasn't as well as the sideskirts, I'd say maybe 90%. Took a lot of tweaking and redrilling to get it as flush as possible, the two holes under the lip where you are required to put two push in clips were way off their mark. It holds fine with the 12 screws though so no biggy. Install took about 1 hour and 30 minutes with the constant redrilling and tweaking.

HT Rear Lips (Spats) are made out of polyurethane and their fitment was pretty much on point. These were a breeze to install and took about 15 minutes.

HT Rear Diffuser V1 is made out of ABS plastic. Fitment was on point for this as well, install took about 15 minutes. I ditched the brackets it came with and used my own screws to hold it in place.

HT Exhaust Shields are constructed out of ABS plastic. Fitment was not so good on these, I'd put them at 70% fitment wise. There are several gaps and doesn't really lined up with the lines of the car well. Not much room for adjustment either as the mold for the shields was bad to begin with. One shield has a slightly better fitment than the other one. Still debating these, they do complete my desired look for the rear but the gaps can be an eyesore for me at times. I might opt for the authentic ones but not sure if it's worth it at the price they go for.

·
Registered
86 Posts

UPDATE (04/01/13)

Had these guys laying around for quite a while, got them professionally painted Gloss Black. Just started installing them, slowly but surely I will be done with everything by the end of this week.

-S206 Style Sideskirts
-CS Style Front Lip
-HT Rear Lips (Spats)
-HT Exhaust Shields
-HT Rear Diffuser V1

Image Link

]
Those look great. Can't wait to see them on the car!

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

UPDATE (04/03/13) STAGE 1!

So today I received my Cobb SF Intake + Airbox and the accessport, and like a kid in a candy store I ran to my car to install them. Officially Stage 1 :D.

Review:
Cobb SF Intake + Airbox is a solid piece of equipment. Has a nice growl to it and you can hear the turbo spool more and gives you that nice "pssh" when you let off the throttle. I love it! Install took about 1 hour and 15 mins due to the fact I received no instructions :confused:

Cobb Accessport does wonders, comes with a handful of features and its user interface is superb. After loading the stage 1 sf intake 93 map the powerband feels so much more consistent and smoother. Couldn't be any more happier. Subaru should have tuned the car liked this from the factory.

1 - 20 of 550 Posts