IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
AWESOME!!

I haven't even started "wife hunting" :wink: yet, but when I do I hope I find one like that..

JJ

·
Registered
95 Posts
Wish mine was like that. I got her to agree on the STi, and back me in the purchase of one. It only cost me a house. I had to agree to let her buy one. Which upon reflection really wasn't that bad. It's an investment, and with the huge 2 door 2 car garage my STi will stay safe.

Jared

·
Registered
208 Posts
D$ grow old by yourself if you want. Personally, I love my wife, and she loves the STi.

·
Registered
95 Posts
My wife has some degree of say in what want. But it's a two way street. If I didn't say something every now and then my place would have all kinds of lame girly crap all over the place. So every now and then you let them have their way so you can have yours. Compromise. Relationships way of getting what you want with everybody happy about it.

Jared

·
Registered
6,501 Posts
Buying a car is such a personal decision that the significant other should respect your decisions in the matter (and you his or hers when the situation is reversed). As long as you both take each other's opinions into consideration that should be the end of it.

I don't understand the whole "the wife won't let me keep the STi" thing. Unless she is making payments on the car for you, this should not be an issue. I have never understood why some people get married and sell their sports cars for minivans. The STi has 4 doors and a usefull trunk with AWD. Its perfect for the dad who wants to enjoy the ride and not pay European prices.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
No minivan ever for me....I met in my gf through online dating where she had posted a pic of herself in the drivers seat of a rally car, helmet and all.

On our first date she told me to bring the sti...she wanted a ride.

Second date we went out to a movie. After I said lets get some coffee. She said how about we go to my place, grab a bottle of wine and go down to my beach...

um yeah your idea sounds better

·
Registered
591 Posts
No minivan ever for me....I met in my gf through online dating where she had posted a pic of herself in the drivers seat of a rally car, helmet and all.

On our first date she told me to bring the sti...she wanted a ride.

Second date we went out to a movie. After I said lets get some coffee. She said how about we go to my place, grab a bottle of wine and go down to my beach...

um yeah your idea sounds better
haha thats awesome. People are always saying the rex repels girls, but when you find one that is into going fast.. it can help seal the deal, or at least get your foot in the door

·
Registered
412 Posts
my girlfriend loves my car and respects it. she even goes as far as shaking her shoes off before entering. i don't even ask for it and i don't do it myself. she loves HDtv, sports, and video games. yeah, i'm gonna marry this one!

·
Registered
255 Posts
My wife hates my car because she know how much I love it.
My buddy had girl problems because his girl lived 4 hours away and he paid attention to his car a lot while she was gone; obviously it is his hobby. She never understood or appreciated the fact that he drove that thing 4 hours every other weekend to see her. In 1 year he put 30K on the car; not because he wanted to put 30K on it; but because he wanted to see her. I have to agree, my car is my choice, her car is hers and although I always respect my girls opinion :)bow:); I have to do what makes me happy :)clap:). I get a lot of **** for the pink star badge; well guess what people... thats why they are on MY car not yours (only to those who don't like the badges :lol:)

·
Registered
534 Posts
Bah! The best wife is no wife my friend. My girlfriend has no say in what I drive :smile: Don't get me wrong, its great to be with someone, but everyone I work with cites their significant other as the reason they can't have what they want.

My wife lets me have ANYTHING I want.........as long as we can afford it. BTW, I have been married three times. Took a while to find one worth keeping.

·
Registered
10,953 Posts
I get car parts for Christmas from my wife. She requests mods on her truck constantly. I do pretty-much whatever I want...within reason.
In fact, the night I bought the STI, I almost drove away in an EVO MR because my wife wanted the STI for herself.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Buying a car is such a personal decision that the significant other should respect your decisions in the matter (and you his or hers when the situation is reversed). As long as you both take each other's opinions into consideration that should be the end of it.

I don't understand the whole "the wife won't let me keep the STi" thing. Unless she is making payments on the car for you, this should not be an issue. I have never understood why some people get married and sell their sports cars for minivans. The STi has 4 doors and a usefull trunk with AWD. Its perfect for the dad who wants to enjoy the ride and not pay European prices.
04-13-2002 ... was it really necessary to bump this thread from the dead? lolol

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
1 - 20 of 53 Posts