IW STi Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Anyone pick a really good all season to run along with a winter tire? Maybe something like the Michelin A/S 3+? It could be a way to get them on earlier in the spring run later into the fall, or is the combination of all season tires on an STI just blasphemous? With how good this tire supposedly is in non-winter conditions it's hard to tell how much of a gap is left to summer tires.

·
Registered
945 Posts
itsm3ming: before you get xi3 or ws80, look into Nokian. I've run both the Hakka 9 studded tires and the Hakka R3 studless and I'll never go back to Blizzaks again. My current setup is Hakka 9 studded in the winter and Michelin PS4S in the summer, and I couldn't be happier with it (though I'm probably going to swap to the Hakka R3 studless when these wear out - the studs are kind of annoying on dry pavement).
Thanks for some recommendations! thats interesting that its not on tirerack or discounttirediscount but from europe? Where do you order yours from?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Thanks for some recommendations! thats interesting that its not on tirerack or discounttirediscount but from europe? Where do you order yours from?
I got my Nokian Hakkapeliitta R3's from amazon, but they were way cheaper when I bought them than they are now. I've been running separate winters and summers for over 15 years now and these are the best winter tires I've had. They actually do well on dry and wet roads and are great in the snow and somewhat icy conditions that we had this past winter.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Some pertinent infö about using the Pilot Sport 4s in cold temps can be found on the Tire Rack web page. In the detailed description of the PS 4s they state that the tire may sustain internal damage such as delamitation or cracking of the rubber compound, if driven or flexed at temps below 20f. They also go on to say that this would not be covered under warrantee, although I'm not sure how they would prove that.

·
Registered
186 Posts
If you want a grip monster for dry weather. Bridgestone Re-71R will not lose out to anyone in dry performance unless you get r-comp tires.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts