IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After doing some huge engine upgrades, I don't have much to spend on springs and I'd really like to lower the car 1". I had my heart set on Pinks but I wasn't sure if there was something out there that would be better. I'd love to do coilovers but its hard for me to afford those at this time. Maybe next year but for now I just want it lowered but still handle well and would like to have a smoother ride than the stockers (which the pinks do). I doubt I'll even replace the top hats because of cost. I've done a search but can't find a good, low cost springs. There is a local place selling the Whiteline Control springs for 200 but they don't have good feedback from what I've read.

Suggestions???

·
Registered
140 Posts
I just installed Prodrives on my 06..way better than stock.
Prodrive - ftw

·
Registered
993 Posts
Tanabe GF210 FFFFFFTTTTTTTTTWWWWWWWWW
I felt that they made a HUGE positive difference. Just nake sure you cut the bumpstops

·
Registered
4,545 Posts
I believe the RCE is gonna be the best spring on the market as far as performance is concerned. Might wanna wait for it :D

·
Registered
168 Posts
EDIT- THESE ARE NOW SOLD

Buy my Pink springs! I even live in Colorado.

Seriously, I have a set that I will sell you for $200, if you really want the JDM Pinks. PM me if you are interested.

Jeff

·
Registered
83 Posts
i woulda paid you 300 for those pinks yesterday, but i bought some Espelir GT's :(

·
Registered
200 Posts
I vote for the Espelir GT springs. Not very much drop. Much firmer than stock. But still work well with stock dampers. I use them for autocross and find them to work very well on my 06 sti.
And they were reasonable from worldoneperformance.com

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks everyone! :)

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
there are lots of good ones

you cannot go wrong with:

JDM Pinks, Tanabe GF210, RCE, Prodrive - all give a noticeable, but relatively mild drop, all will work great on stock struts, and all are under $400 a set, with some being under $200 a set (Tanabe)

·
Registered
189 Posts
What about the Tein S-Tech or H-Tech?
I'm going to buy new springs as well, going for the Prodrive's as it seems now, they don't lower the car very much and that's what I want.
How much does the Tanabe GF210's lower the car by?

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
RCE springs are the best bet, they give the car an aggressive stance and more importantly provide the best performance out of any spring available for the STi. Plus they are cheaper than most springs out there. We highly recommend getting group-n strut top mounts for the front though.

Mike

·
Registered
3 Posts
Pro-drive drop ?

Hello Myles - quick question how much do the prodrive springs drop for 2004 Sti ? I understand pro-drive also makes slightly different springs for 2005 ? if this is true what is the difference and any idea on their drop ?

A lot of contradictory information out there regarding the above and your feedback is appreciated

Dan L

P.S. could you pm me on your pricing and shipping costs

1 - 20 of 32 Posts