IW STi Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering where everyone will be looking to open up their new STI outside of the track. Here are some of my personal favorites

1) Rt 112 Kangamangus Highway - Lincoln, NH to Conway, NH
2) Rt 118 New Hampshire - good in early Fall before leaf peepers and frost heaves watch for moose and off camber corners
3) Brandon Gap - Rt. 73 Brandon, VT to Rochester, VT - my favorite gap in VT because its the least traveled
4) Rt. 73 Keene, NY to Lake Placid, NY
5) Sawmill Parkway, NY

·
Registered
410 Posts
Honestly i don't ever do it that much. I have a near perfect driving record and i like it that way. There was an article in the chicago tribune awhile back about a guy who got caught doing around 170mph on a Hayabusa motorcycle in a 55mph zone. He was arrested(for doing double speed limit) and from what i understand got totally butt rammed by the judge(lost license, etc). I don't ever want that to happen to me, so i save it for the track myself. I did once(only once) do 150+mph on the toll road in my Type R right after we dropped the JUN engine in it, cause i just had to know right then how fast it was. My speedometer ended at 150 so i really don't know how fast I was going though. :eek: Bouncing off my rev limiter in 5th gear is something i'll never forget! :D

·
Registered
83 Posts
There are so many - I can't choose.

The first one I will probably drive is the canyon up to Blackhawk. I'll have to do it at 1:00 or 2:00 AM, just to miss the tour busses, but it's worth it. Plus it will give me a chance to check out the HIDs.

I am the polar opposite of the previous poster. I actually received a letter from the state of Michigan (back when I lived there) saying that I was in the top 10% of problem drivers, since I had so few points left on my license. I guess they try to correlate speeding with causing accidents. It doesn't seem logical to me.

I hadn't had a ticket in a while, until the end of March, when I was the victim of a three cop speed trap. So the first option I am getting for my STi is going to be a radar detector. If I have some money left over, I will consider a stereo.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I agree with X-Japan, seriously insane speeds are best on the track. Not because you might not be able to handle the car. There are lots of other people driving around who can't judge speed and will just pull out infront of you or something like that and it will all be over in a flash. It's just not worth the thrill IMO.

That being said, has anyone ever gone the Whistler ski resort. Hwy from Vancouver to Whistler is a very good twisty road but dangerous. Last time I took the family up there (in the family van) for the weekend, I saw at least 5 WRX's comming back the other way. A much higher concentration than everyday driving. Traffic and cops can be a problem but if the time of day and week is right it can't be beat. They may as well set up the cameras and film an sti commercial there.

Always expect the unexpected.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Well the North end of the 110 used to be my favorite...untill I totaled my poor '99 Passat 1.8T on it :oops:

Poor car had such a big future planed for it :cry:

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
CO-119 up to Blackhawk :evil:
Golden Gate Canyon :evil:
CO-9?? From Silverthorne all the way to Steamboat :evil:
Cherryvale Road (my favorite route from my Favorite dealer, Flatirons)
All these are in Colorado. :D

Cherryvale Road will be the first road my STi (and me) has some serious fun on. Even under 4000 RPMS and breaking it in and all that. :)

I would like to do that Dragon thing someday down in North/South Carolina. :D

And an open road race, just to show those Corvette guys waz up. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts