IW STi Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
i thought group buys were supposed to be deals?i just bought those
rims(tarmac 2 silver/gunmetal)for $650 shipped from www.subydude.com the group buy is charging like $7-800 a set.
where is the deal,or reason for doing it?

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
are you sure they are the same color? these are NOt gunmetal rims. nor are they silver, they are a black chrome kinda look. i've never seen anything like them... they will be the only 10 sets in the US, because they are being custom made at Rota.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
yup.same color.except i got the tarmac 2's,the picture is a tarmac 1
subydude calls it "full royal gunmetallic".it's a silver face,silver outer lip.and the inside of the spoke,rim is gunmetal.so maybe i'm wrong and the tarmac 1 is a deal.but since when did rota make only ten sets of any rim?

·
Registered
804 Posts
thermobox said:
yup.same color.except i got the tarmac 2's,the picture is a tarmac 1
subydude calls it "full royal gunmetallic".it's a silver face,silver outer lip.and the inside of the spoke,rim is gunmetal.so maybe i'm wrong and the tarmac 1 is a deal.but since when did rota make only ten sets of any rim?
They are quite different, take another look.

These are the titanium chrome:

Here's the full royal gunmetallic:

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im with scuba steve, they are totally not the same color.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
oops.thanx for the side by side scuba steve.they do look a little more chromey.i thought the color difference was because one photo was taken outside,one was inside(less light).i guess it is worth the extra $150 if you like chrome.my bad guys.

·
Registered
804 Posts
thermobox said:
oops.thanx for the side by side scuba steve.they do look a little more chromey.i thought the color difference was because one photo was taken outside,one was inside(less light).i guess it is worth the extra $150 if you like chrome.my bad guys.
Hey thanks for mentioning the full royal gun metallic, I really like the look. Be sure to post some pics of them on your car when you can.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
wet road+stupid me+ditch=new front bumper

i think i spoke too soon.just saw WR1.might have to wait for some parts to get here, cause now we got the v-limited and the WR1. we keep goin at this rate we might get some kinda limited edition in the us.so pics will be later in the year.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts