IW STi Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are some high end compenents that are good. I was considering Infinity Kappa Perfects or Focal Utopia's. Anybody have a clue, maybe I am leaving out some better brand?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Focal Utopia's
CDT Eurosports
Dynaudio has some high end stuff (forgot the model number)
MB Quart QSD's

I believe those are some of the better ones.

Brax and Helix are also big names

Do some searching on Sounddomain.com (it's down right now) and elitecaraudio.com

Oh, and with those nice speakers, get some quality high powered amps (those speakers love big power).

·
So Gangster It Hurts
3,521 Posts
Don't forget Diamond Audio's M6 and Hex lineups, either.

I have the M661's in my front doors, and let me tell you, they sound amazing! :D

·
Registered
575 Posts
Re: Picked up my Silver/Silver on Friday

yukonart I have the hex series with m661 drivers and am not really happy with them? how is your set up? amp along with speaker mounts(stock speaker mounts or custom) and also head unit

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
How can you guys forget Boston Z series?? :)

IMNSHO, those are the best components out there period. They are pricey though (1000/pair MSRP).

·
So Gangster It Hurts
3,521 Posts
yxan2 said:
yukonart I have the hex series with m661 drivers and am not really happy with them? how is your set up? amp along with speaker mounts(stock speaker mounts or custom) and also head unit
I'm using the DA D5 600.4 amp (75x4 rms) to drive them, and the auto EQ fuction on my Premier deck to tuen them. They're amazing with proper tuning and plenty of power. :D

·
Registered
575 Posts
so you are not running your speakers completely flat as in EQ settings? I am starting to wonder if maybe 4x40 is too weak, I think I might need more power alot more of it too :)

·
So Gangster It Hurts
3,521 Posts
yxan2 said:
so you are not running your speakers completely flat as in EQ settings? I am starting to wonder if maybe 4x40 is too weak, I think I might need more power alot more of it too :)
Power is NEVER a bad thing. At 75w RMS the Diamonds really come alive. . . as with ANY aftermarket separates you really need sufficient power to make them sound good.

Only thing is, power = amplifier, and amplifier = weight. I think I made a decent compromise in this arena, but we'll see once everything's in the STi from the Civic. :D

·
Registered
167 Posts
For SQ, the Focal Utopia, Dynaudio 360, or Mcintosh MSS650 are the best for my ears. It is a must that a high quality amplifier is used to power these......Phoenix Gold Titanium or Zapco C2K.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I had it figured out, My capacitor was broke, so it was starving my amps and making it not sound so good, now after changing the capacitor everything sounds much better. (Some additional tweaking was also done to cross overs etc) but now I am just going to wait until I get some money and the tweeters are going into the a pillars :)

·
Registered
357 Posts
I use Dynaudio ONLY. Afer you have a set it's hard to go back to anything else. The new Boston setup is pretty nice also from what I hear and in the Dynaudio price range. I don't have any radio in the STi though.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have Q Series MB Quarts in the front and Reference series for rear fills... they are the best thing I have ever heard...

Germans know what they are doing...

·
Registered
167 Posts
Hupperware said:
I have Q Series MB Quarts in the front and Reference series for rear fills... they are the best thing I have ever heard...

In your opinion those Q series MB Quart sound better than the Dyn or Focal Utopia?

·
Registered
65 Posts
psycho said:
Hupperware said:

In your opinion those Q series MB Quart sound better than the Dyn or Focal Utopia?
I think the Q series MB Quart is one of the best sounding speakers made.

·
Registered
167 Posts
toyworx said:
psycho said:
Hupperware said:

I think the Q series MB Quart is one of the best sounding speakers made.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts