IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im wanting a new BOV to give it a louder sound (obviously). I want one that is good priced and will basically be a bolt-on part. Anyone have some that just replace stock without any modifications? Im hoping for some louder sound 1st and performance 2nd (as it seems the stock is sufficient so I dont think I really need a bigger BOV other then for sound). This is my first turbo car and Im loving the sound of it and I want more ;) hehe Thanks!

Robert~

·
Registered
392 Posts
Blitz Super Sound BOV are the best. They have a horn attachment that enables you to have a muffled "whoosh" if you think BOVs are wanky, or you can remove the attachment for a fully fledged "whoosh" between gear changes.

I had one in my old Nissan 200SX running 20psi boost with no problems.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
are there any other ones then?

Robert~

·
Drive True
6,833 Posts
A BOV does nothing for you and is unnecessary unless you run even higher boost than stock. From what I understand, the STi has a valve (not exactly a BOV but functions just like one) and that's sufficient. You don't need an aftermarket one unless you do some other mods. If it's just sound that you want, every time you shift just make the sound with your mouth :lol: whatever you do, DON'T buy a fake BOV! :roll:

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ya I plan to remove the air box w/silencer and whatnot whenever we get the air intake problem fixed (losing power and staggering throttle and such). Either that or when an ECU from TurboXS is out to help control this. My first mod I was wanting to do was just a $40 bolt-on k&n filter, but it seems like doing something like that is more of a problem then a help. So I opted to a bigger/better BOV to solve my problem of wanting more sound.

Robert~

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Re: WRX Factory Guage Pod in a STI

The only recirculation valve that I have seen people support with good reviews is the Forge. As stated above you need to be running higher than stock boost to need one, but this is the one that I would use.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sorry meant to log in and will that bolt on without need for modification (custom flanges/welding/etc). Thanks

Robert~

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
yep, thats the one.

·
Registered
392 Posts
last quick question with the forge, which should I get? The BOV or the Diverter Valve?

Forge Diverter Valve $149.00

Forge Piston-Ram BOV $149.00

Thanks,

Robert~

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Anonymous said:
last quick question with the forge, which should I get? The BOV or the Diverter Valve?

Forge Diverter Valve $149.00

Forge Piston-Ram BOV $149.00

Thanks,

Robert~
Sorry for wasting space and such on this topic, but Im guessing the diverter valve is just the same as the atmospheric bov , just quiter? thansk again for your help.

Robert~

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
get the diverter so that you can recirculate if needed. The ECU is tuned to recirculate and using an atmosphere dump will slightly change the mixture and 'could' cause the engine to run rich. Of course if you don't tune the diverter properly this can happen also.

This is one of the reasons that most people stay stock unless absolutely necessary. The stock recirculating valve is extremely good.

·
Registered
392 Posts
*sigh* I guess until I start upping the boost I will just wait. Once the TXS ECU comes out I'll be able to change the filter and BOV then. Thanks for everyone's help.

Robert~

·
Registered
175 Posts
I had really good results with the Go Fast Bits bov on my old WRX ..... I had it set to recirculate 50% and blow off 50% to the atmosphere ....

Ran great ... I'll be getting the "Stealth" model for the Sti, a little pricy, but worth it IMO - You can adjust exactly how much you want to vent or not, just by turning it with a flick of your wrist! ....

http://www.gofastbits.com/new prods.htm#newstealth

These, if I remember right, are able to hold over 100psi .....

·
Registered
4 Posts
The best valve hands down is the WorxTuning valve (www.WorxTuning.com). It is similar to the 50/50 design like GFB and others but is Dual Stage so it goes to the return first and to atmosphere second. It retains daily drivability but performs when you need it. I know 2 WRX's and 2 STi's besides mine that are running it and between all of us we have tried almost everything available. They are made in the US and the quality and performance is spectacular. I talked to the owner when I ordered mine and they are definatly going to be the next big Parts Mfg for the Scooby market. He sent me some pics of some parts that are soon to be released. Look out Perrin.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
you got any dealers/distributors that can get it to us for less then $250? thats pretty high for being a new company and all...

Robert~

1 - 20 of 37 Posts