IW STi Forum banner

801 - 820 of 838 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #801
Re: Ben's EJ207 MY05 WRB STI - Rallye Fun Day Teaser Video

Removed the Aim MXL, it's sold to a buddy of mine.

Gonna place the Order on an AIM MXP soon :)

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #802
Re: Ben's EJ207 MY05 WRB STI - AIM MXP Strada is here

So yesterday a certain Package from Alex showed up.

It's the AIM MXP Strada! :naughty:

Comparison to the MXL Strada shows it's pretty similar in size with a bigger display surface.

Positioning it in the Cockpit, it'll be in the same location as the old one pretty much.
I will probably relocate the Parking Light Switch:

The MXP comes with a proper USB slot to plug your Laptop in. It found it's place in the Center console:

And here is the template for the bracket which will keep the MXP safe and sound.
At least until the visit at iWire in September...;)

In other News,
work keeps me busy but it's so much better at the new company than were I was before! I couldn't say this for a long time but my current job is really satisfying and the work is fun!
Coworkers are really great bunch of people and we share good laughs every now and then in the Office.

Working with Customers is what I need to get used to, but I was able to sell a couple of Hardware pieces for a couple thousand of euros already even to a customer who isn't really easy to handle so I guess I'm not doing too bad :D

With the daylight coming back in the evenings I feel like my motivation working on the car comes back more and more. I hope to figure out the car situation soon so the Subaru does not need to be a daily anymore. There are a couple of parts waiting to be put in...

We'll be flying to Oregon in September to attent another wedding of another friend of mine.
We also plan to trip down to LA / San Diego for a few days. Steffie wants to go to Disney Land and I want to stop by at iWire. Brian told me they can do Plug In Harnesses so I'll be able to replace my factory instrument cluster with the Aim MXP :naughty:

That's it for now! Will post picture of the MXP Installation once the Carbon Sheet is here.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #804
Re: Ben's EJ207 MY05 WRB STI - AIM MXP Strada #802

Hey Aaron,

to answer your question:
It uses a newer Version of their Aim Software to configure the Dash. It's much more capabable in setting up Alarms and everything. You can have up to 8 Pages you can configure to your liking, you even can inject self made symbols which you can connect to a warning message for example. It also now features a direct input for a rear view camera which I will probably use too.

And it's a colored display :D

·
Registered
2,227 Posts

Good development. Aim and Motec are two of the best products in this department.

Electric bike as a eork related purchase=new daily driver. But you will have the rain issue I guess.

Good yo hear improvements in work situation.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #807 (Edited)

here it is!
Although I'm not 100% happy as AIM STILL did not bring the SSM Protocol over to the 1.2 Hardware.
So right now I can not pull any data via OBD.
Which is really annoying :(

I will go and hardwire in the RPM Signal, add Coolant Temp, Boost Pressure and IAT Sensors.
And then buy two Analog Channel Extensions to wire in Handbrake light, Turn Signals, Hazards, CEL, and whatnot. So the TÜV will be happy.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #808
Re: Ben's EJ207 MY05 WRB STI - Singulär Hood Vents installed #808

Well, it was about damn time, was it two years ago when I got the Intercooler and Vents from Idin? I can't even remember :lol:

Anyway, easiest install by a long time.
Went flawlessly, no miss-cuts, no fitment issues nothing. Just man up and take the dremel to the hood and go :cool:

I'm also running the Beta Driver from AIM for the SSM Protocol, they still have work to do as the RPM isn't read correctly from the ECU. I'm trying to figure out how to hard wire it in but having the ability to read ECU Data again saves some money for additional sensors and analog expansions :)

·
Super Moderator
10,691 Posts
Re: Ben's EJ207 MY05 WRB STI - Singulär Hood Vents #808

Gonna wait til a Blobeye vented hood hits the FS threads, just cannot cut mine. LoL

·
Registered
2,227 Posts

As I said before.
Perfect install. Clean and precise and almost OEM looking.

And yes atleast 2 years old.

Can't wait to see you out again on new TMIC and the vents.

·
'do right & fear no one"
8,564 Posts

hey Ben, i gotta lotta reading to do. l

·
Registered
1,310 Posts

Nice work Ben. Something I'm too scared to do myself. I can live through you though :D The only surgery I have the guts to do is cutting the rear bumper when my diffuser shows up.

Also, nice Oregon plate. You can run plates from other countries in Germany on a street car?

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #814

Nice work Ben. Something I'm too scared to do myself. I can live through you though :D The only surgery I have the guts to do is cutting the rear bumper when my diffuser shows up.

Also, nice Oregon plate. You can run plates from other countries in Germany on a street car?
Hey Gavin,
being scared gives you the kind of alertness you need to not screw up :naughty::lol:
I just slapped the Oregon Plate on for Pictures. Not allowed to run it on public roads.

Picked up a neat part today which is so JDM yo :D
Buddy from Switzerland sold it so we took a quick trip across the border and met with him.
Just a 40 Minute drive, that's how close we live to the Swiss border :)

The hatch itself needs a good polish and will be wrapped in some vinyl. I'm not going to pay the money to have it painted.
Looking forward to installing it :naughty:

Spent yesterday after work in my Brothers Garage fixing my damn wobbly shifter.
Turns out, it's not the Bushings from the Shifter Linkage itself which are worn out, they actually were fine. But the whole shifter linkage connected to the Input Shaft from the Gearbox wasn't tight. The outer and inner pin were there, the holes on the Linkage Part were a little bit wider than what you want for it to be a tight connection.
I put an M8 bolt through both holes and countered it with a self locking nut tightening it down until there was no movement between the two parts anymore.

Then I found out the Shifter itself where the Shift Fork connects to it has some slack in it. So we drilled a hole into it, tapped a thread in it, put a screw in and a nut over it making it a rock solid connection.

That's the only picture I took sadly.

All in all the Shifter feels so much better and the slack has almost completely been eliminated. No need to spend 1000€s on a CAE Shifter haha

·
Registered
2,227 Posts

I would say every STI needs this mod. Regardless of how many bushings you upgrade, there remain a wobbliness.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts

Haha, I can see that.

Nice find! Another part I've wanted to get, but can't bring myself to do.

Cool fix, the slop on these even with bushings is, uh.... not great. Bet it feels nice now though. Awesome that you have access to machinery through your brother!

·
Premium Member
5,286 Posts
Ill need to look at mine, its really sloppy. Ive had new bushing for over a year.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #818 (Edited)
Re: Ben's EJ207 MY05 WRB STI - Roof Vent, Quick Latch and Exhaust #818

I / we weren't inactive on the Subaru front the last few weeks.

I installed the roofvent which is pretty straight forward:

I also ordered some Bumper Quick Latches which I installed.
Fabbed a little 90degree Bracket to mount onto the Fender:

And we finally did the new muffler:

My Brother did an outstanding job tacking it together and then welding it.
From the Machine Shop he works at, he had this left over "washers" which we welded on to the Exhaust Hangers as Bushing Stoppers. We then tapped into the end of the hanger with an M6 thread to screw in a Screw and Washer so the Exhaust can't slide out of the Bushing :) #GermanEngineering

Picture lacks the Screw and Washer but you get the idea.

And here is the result, old vs new:

It sits perfect!

Now I need to get it properly heatcycled. The exhaust note got muffled quite a bit. Sound changed from raspy high pitched to more of a darker, muffled sound. After a few miles of driving you note it changing the sound already so I'm positive it'll sound pretty good once all is burned in. And if not, the middle resonator has to go :naughty:

P.S.: New muffler is a whole 3kg lighter than the old one!

edit:
Just a shot for comparison, I think one can get an idea of how huge that old HKS Muffler was and of how much more cleaner it looks now:

·
Registered
2,227 Posts

Beautiful execution and awesome pictures too Ben.

Well done. Immaculate choices, design and execution without breaking the bank.

Very inspirational for majority of community.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts

Great work on the roof vent.

I respect HKS parts and all that, but generally not a fan of angled melon shooters for exhausts. Dude, this new one is awesome; it looks like it came out of the factory. Your brother did a supreme job, loving that muffler.

801 - 820 of 838 Posts