IW STi Forum banner

781 - 800 of 838 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #781
Re: Ben's EJ207 MY05 WRB STI - Simracing fun! #771

Really appreciating the support, thank you! :)
I'll update you wednesday.

@Joey
System Engineer, System Architect :)

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #783
Re: Ben's EJ207 MY05 WRB STI - Simracing fun! #771

New Job - check!
Intership day yesterday at the New Company went really well! Great people I met, the insight in their Systems and how they manage customers is really appealing and I'm looking forward to be part of the team and contribute my part to it :cool:

Starting October first! Super excited :cool:

·
Registered
2,227 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #787 (Edited)
Re: Ben's EJ207 MY05 WRB STI - Rallye Fun Day - Data Overlay #787

Had a blast yesterday at the Rallye Fun Day held by the Subaru Impreza GT Club!
Great bunch of people, always enjoy being around people with the same obsession :p

Here's a video of the fastest lap I did:

AD08Rs provided much grip and I decided against running winter tires on such a tight course as I'm used to pushing on gripy Tires. Didn't want to risk screwing up on Winter Tires, wrecking the car :lol:

And the Winter Tires are the only ones I have legally in my papers right now to drive on public roads.

Anyway, super happy with the Autosport Labs Hardware to capture all the data. It's all I ever wanted and it will just become more and more viable as I'll add sensors. :naughty:

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #790
Re: Ben's EJ207 MY05 WRB STI - Rallye Fun Day Video w/ Overlay #787

Someone from the Subaru Club is working on something.
Teaser Video above.
Spot the Fat Cat :D:tup:

·
Registered
694 Posts
Re: Ben's EJ207 MY05 WRB STI - Rallye Fun Day Teaser Video

Well that looks awesome. Is it a public site or private land?

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #792

Well that looks awesome. Is it a public site or private land?
Private Land.
It's a testing area from a Construction Vehicle Company. The boss of that company is into Rallying and until some years ago the Rallysprint Series had an event there each year.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #793
Re: Ben's EJ207 MY05 WRB STI

Owe you guys an update :)

Moving places has gone quite well!
After I had my last day at the old company, I had some days off. Worked at the new Place a lot, most of the time painting the walls because the previous renter did a really shitty job at it.
Effort paid off, every wall is nice and white now.

Moving a whole household is a pita but thanks to my parents we managed to move everything in a timely manner and now it's only unpacking boxes haha
Still waiting on two office desks I ordered 4 WEEKS AGO but oh well. They eventually might show up one day.

The Subaru has it's own garage right now which is nice. 3 set of tires stored in it as well. Did drive it the last couple of days to work which almost hurts with only 2 miles to go. But with the morning traffic it even gets up to somewhat acceptable operating temps.

My plan was to drive the Audi to work Monday - Wednesday when Steffie is doing homeoffice but the Oil Consumption on the Audi went through the roof.
It just passed 62000miles and for the last few thousand miles the Oil Consumption increased by a lot.

It's a 1.8 tfsi engine and as I found out, there is an issue with the oil rings on the pistons. They are too small and the little holes in the oil rings which let the oil flow back clog easily creating a huge oil consumption by the engine.
Further investigating the issue it turns out Audi charges you around 5000€ to fix it. The same issue on 1.8 and 2.0 liter tfsi engines in the US was solved by a Lawsuit which Audi lost and they had to fix the cars free of Charge for the Owners. So in that regard, you guys over in the US were quite lucky.

Now we don't want to spend 5000 bucks on that shitbox and are thinking about options.
I don't really want to work on the car as Audi knows how to bother you with special tools needed for every crappy step to do...anyway, we'll have to find out our best option and make a decision.

I really would like to get rid of that thing and get a Forester or XV, just because Subaru and a Forester would also serve as a nice towing vehicle to trailer the STI to the Racetrack. But since it's Steffies car it up to her...

Majorly pissed at German Customer Service once again.

But, my new Job is very nice, coworkers are really a great bunch of people and I can finally work on problems of our customers in peace without being interrupted with other stuff all the time. It's a nice change for sure and I'm looking forward to all the new challenges coming up. There's a lot to learn and I'm eager to do so :)

Here's a picture taken out of our living room from last week after I got up before going to work:

·
Super Moderator
10,691 Posts

Great view there Ben. Happy that things are coming together, but sad to hear about the daily and its problems.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts

Great view!
So serene.

Another Subaru? Wasn't one disaster enough? Lol

Seems like improvements in all fronts: work, car, house,...

Good to see.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts

Oh my god that VIEW!!! I miss Germany so much....

Good to hear things went smoothly for you and most facets of life are looking up for ya! I recently landed a new job so I know it feels good! Glad you got a garage too. Audis are always expensive to fix, ouch!

·
Registered
2,227 Posts

What is new Ben? You have been absent in action recently.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #799 (Edited)

What is new Ben? You have been absent in action recently.
Not much to report really. New job keeps me busy...
No car news either, parts are laying on the shelf in my brothers shop waiting for installation but I don't find the time to install them. Might have to wait for the new year to come having everything in the house done before I work on the car again.

Having to use the Subaru to get from A to B when Steffie is out of town with the Audi kinda keeps me from starting jobs like replacing bushings. I want to put the car on the lift and work on it without any time pressure really. Don't like the rushed jobs like: hey lets start friday and for reassembly on sunday you run into a problem and don't have the parts ready...

I hope I'll get a company car once I'm heading out to customers more frequently.

Also skipped School of Racing Advent Trackday because I didn't feel it that bad lol. I mean, right foot is itching badly but I kinda wasn't in the mood to spend most of the weekend and a good amount of money to make it there. Sure would have been fun but there are more driving events ahead next year. Early January I'll sign up for trailer license classes. Being able to tow the car around on a trailer by myself will be a good step forward.

All in all right now it's shoveling some money aside for more racecar shenanigans next year...

·
Super Moderator
10,691 Posts

Germany does it right. Trailer license classes.

781 - 800 of 838 Posts