IW STi Forum banner

381 - 400 of 836 Posts

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Re: Ben's EJ207 MY05 WRB STI

That cat is adorable, and that's coming from a dog person. Kittens are great but they turn into cats, and cats only plot against their owners :p Sorry to hear you had to let it go to new owners.

I like that steering wheel, what is it?

·
Super Moderator
10,687 Posts

That's what I was trying to say. We didn't get the kitty back in the end :(

:pSorry missed the last sentence. Would have been nice if they had given you guys first dibs.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #384

:pSorry missed the last sentence. Would have been nice if they had given you guys first dibs.
They told my GF they will talk to the new owners (they haven't picked up the kitten at that point yet), so the next day we decided to go to te animal shelter to see if they have spoken to the new owners but despite telling my GF they will do it, they didn't...

@Kyle

Our other two cats which are around 3 years old by now don't show any sign of must-murder-the-human ... yet :lol:

That's a Beltenick Steering Wheel.
Idk which unbranded steering wheels they buy and put their logo on, but these are pretty cheap.

https://www.rennsportshop.com/de-fahrzeug-technik-lenkraeder-lenkradzubehoer-beltenick-rmd-qualitaetslenkraeder-BK-LR35075-Beltenick-Lenkrad-Rallye-350mm.html

I just wanted it for test fit reasons. I will buy a Momo or OMP once I'm certain I will get it TÜV certified. No point in spending 200 bucks for a test fit when you can get a wheel for free from your buddy to test fit :)

The Hub is made by Momo so that's quality ware :)

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #385
Re: Ben's EJ207 MY05 WRB STI - My Buddies Hatchback WRX - Rolling Shots #384

I thought I should post these here:

Nick's Subaru WRX by Ben M., auf Flickr

My Buddy Nick's Hatchback WRX, Cobb tuned to around 350horses at the crank. Spearco TMIC, Forge BOV, some Turboback Exhaust, lowering springs... Dunno which Turbo they put on there. I have to ask him for a spec list :)

Driving it actually made me think of selling my GFs Audi and buy her a Hatchback WRX. I just figured they are somewhat rare over here but would make a pretty good daily driver actually.

Nick will remove the roof rack. He just had that on because he was skiing not too long ago and was too lazy to remove it.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts

Our other two cats which are around 3 years old by now don't show any sign of must-murder-the-human ... yet :lol:
Yet is the operating word - they attack unprovoked and when least expected, in m experience.

That's a Beltenick Steering Wheel.
Idk which unbranded steering wheels they buy and put their logo on, but these are pretty cheap.

https://www.rennsportshop.com/de-fahrzeug-technik-lenkraeder-lenkradzubehoer-beltenick-rmd-qualitaetslenkraeder-BK-LR35075-Beltenick-Lenkrad-Rallye-350mm.html

I just wanted it for test fit reasons. I will buy a Momo or OMP once I'm certain I will get it TÜV certified. No point in spending 200 bucks for a test fit when you can get a wheel for free from your buddy to test fit :)

The Hub is made by Momo so that's quality ware :)
Gotcha! it looks similar to the Nardi my buddy just installed. Some difference in the spokes but looks to be about the same size and design.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #387 (Edited)

I found the annoying rattle.

One of the brackets that holds the Uppipe/Turbo in Place was loose because the Screw on the Engine side was missing.
I know why that screw was missing...it has to do with the Fabricatior of the Header / Uppipe...

...the other thing I found...and I finally need to get an AOS...
The bung for the IAT Sensor which was welded onto the TMIC...the weld is leaking because it wasn't properly closed.
I mentioned the exact thing when that bung was welded on but I was told it's all right.

how I know you may ask:
Well blowby was pushed out through the leak...

My Killer B Shopping list includes their AOS, Holy Header and Oilpan Kit.
I just need to sell one of my kidneys to have some extra coin for that :rofl:

edit says:
I think my alternator didn't take the coolant shower well last year at the Hockenheimring. Anyone know if there is a way to clean that thing? Are the Alternator's Bearings replaceable?

·
Registered
1,079 Posts

I would look at other options for headers , oil pan and AOS.

Moroso products are more affordable and they have been doing oiling for over 40 years.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #389 (Edited)

Help me out there Gigs, on the Moroso Page, their dual catch can setup is around 100 bucks cheaper than the Killer B AOS when I took a quick look.

Alex's Buddy Toby is a Owns a Subaru Dealership. I'm in contact with him and can get OEM Subaru Parts with extra discount which is nice :)
First thing I ordered was the Hawkeye Diffuser with all the according brackets to mount that thing.
Diffuser + all mounting hardware = 100€ :cool:

...aaaand my Battery died today. It's somewhat +5 Years old and took quite a few trackdays so that's all right with me.
Time to swap in a lightweight LiFePo4 Battery with 1.7kgs instead of 17kgs the current one has :D

Need to get Diff and Tranny Oil and we're good for an all fluid swap soon :)

·
Registered
2,222 Posts

Maybe I get the same battery, 1.7kg vs 8kg my current one.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #391

Here's the link:
LiFePO4 Starterbatterie 12V 12,5Ah im Gehäuse Balancer inside i-tecc LiFeEnergy

German Shop, so you might want to use Google Translator.
Alex is running almost the exact same battery in his car with zero issues.
He's using this one:
LiFePO4 Starterbatterie Motorradbatterie 12V7,5Ah Balancer inside i-tecc LiFeEnergy

Doesn't have the fancy housing but I guess that's enough for mounting the Battery inside the Cabin.

These are the same Cells Liteblox ( https://en.liteblox.de/?noredirect=en_US ) uses for their Batteries.

If you don't need a fancy carbon housing the I-TECC Battery should be good enough for you.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #392

Well, looks like the alternator is toast.
Only sends 13 volts to the battery instead of 14.something.

So time for a new battery AND an Alternator :D

·
Registered
2,222 Posts

Bloody Subarus.

Always need money :)

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #394 (Edited)

Gotta correct myself: Alternator is fine. It sends 13V to the Battery without lights and heater on. It does send 14.5V to the battery with everything switched on and so according to my Subaru Technican it works fine.

Really is just an old battery.
Which is good cause new Subaru Alternators are $$$

Edit:
Thinking of wiring in a proper battery disconnect switch in like there are on racecars. So if the car sits a few days/weeks I can just easily disconnect the battery and safe battery life. Having the UK Alarm System in the car is the only power consumer while the car is switched off.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #396

Yeah Gavin...
I'm wondering if I could just replace the two bearings the Alternator has.
Those are available as spare Parts from Subaru for 16€ each.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts

Yeah, it's possible to do that. It's just a pain in the ass taking the alternator apart, which is why I haven't done it myself to have the shell bead-blasted - mine looks like shit.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #398 (Edited)

But it's good to know that it's possible!
My brother needs to finish his sand blasting cabin. He is doing some upgrades to it but I think he got lazy...
I'd have mine sand blasted and powdercoated by him then. :)

Dad just texted me that he got a 14% discount on the I-TECC LiFePO Battery. 344€ instead of 399€. :)

edit:
Ordered a Catchcan, Hoses, Clamps and Motul Gear oil for the Tranny and the Diff.

edit edit:
Thinking about getting rid of the Stereo System and getting a bluetooth speaker for some music while cruising around.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #399

Testfitted the Catch Can today.
Mounting it on the passenger side strut tower. There used to be a bracket for the AC hardlines screwed on with two screws. Since I removed the AC I can now use those to mount the catchcan.
I'll ask my brother to build a proper bracket for the Catch can since the one that came with it isn't exactly rigid.

Now I just need some black hoses.
The provided hose was just used for measurements.

Also used T-Bolt Clamps on the Intercooler to Intake Manifold connection.
The once I ordered for the L Pipe at the Turbo to Intercooler connection are too small...
So I'll need to order some more...typical me.
Doing measurements and still screwing it up :rofl:

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #400

It's annoying not having the right tools & workspace to work on parts...

So I got a Momo Steering Wheel Hub and test fitted it the other day.
Turns out I need a bigger opening in the Hub itself to have room for the connectors of the clock spring / spring ring... (if that's the right term for that part):

Well, I got my dremel and after 3 milling attachments and one hurting thumb because I slipped of and milled into it, I've had enough...
Going to let someone else do it.

This opening needs to be bigger to have clearance for the connectors seen above.

Test fitting the wheel it looks like this:

Since I almost can not have this stuff road legal here anyway, I want a quick solution without having to take too much apart.
Removing the OEM steering wheel is just disconnecting the battery (battery disconnection switch ordered) removing two screws and one nut.

I want to be able to screw on the Momo Hub & Steering wheel easily at the Racetrack and switch back to the OEM Steering Wheel after the Trackday is done.
So I can't really remove the clock spring / spring ring...

I also ordered a Snap Off which will bring the Steering Wheel around 5-6cm closer to the driver and I also might add another spacer so I'm able to sit as perfect to the Pedals AND the Steering Wheel as possible...at least at the Racetrack.

381 - 400 of 836 Posts