IW STi Forum banner

281 - 300 of 836 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #281
Re: Ben's MY05 WRB STI

They look too similar to my Superturismo WRC.
I want some NT03+m badly.
I'm aware I need 10mm Spacers up Front for the 40 offsets and APR Studs.
But that's fine. I don't care about the Fenderwork either. It's a tracktool afterall.

The bigger Problem will be getting them TÜV Certified for the Road as Enkei Germany only offers 3 Wheels with Papers...
And those 3 Wheels are all sizes I don't consider buying.

But I can't wait to see them on your car, Gigs! :)

·
Registered
1,079 Posts

They look too similar to my Superturismo WRC.
I want some NT03+m badly.
I'm aware I need 10mm Spacers up Front for the 40 offsets and APR Studs.
But that's fine. I don't care about the Fenderwork either. It's a tracktool afterall.

The bigger Problem will be getting them TÜV Certified for the Road as Enkei Germany only offers 3 Wheels with Papers...
And those 3 Wheels are all sizes I don't consider buying.

But I can't wait to see them on your car, Gigs! :)
Will Police really ask you for your papers ?

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #283

They'll let you walk home if any aftermarket part on your car isn't tüv certified and they're in the mood. Or they send you right off to the next Tüv Station to see if shit's legal.
They can even impound your vehicle if they think there are enough reasons that you're a danger to others in terms of vehicle safety (Driving with non-certified suspension parts, Tires that Rub on the Fenders, Catless (that'll also be Car Tax Fraud)...).

Since there are always to sides on a coin,
it's ok how it is on one hand since the overall condition of cars on the road here is pretty good.
It's a pain to keep a car fully road legal for people who want to modify theirs.
And then there is the special folks who still somehow pass flying colors / state inspection with older cars that shouldn't pass it anymore.

Basically you loose the operation permit of the vehicle if you have parts on that aren't certified/tested by the TÜV.

The aftermarket part manufactures have to have the parts tested in order to get a certificate.
That's an expensive process.

It's hard to explain every aspect since there are quite some differences and it's pretty technical.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts

Yeah, this sounds familiar in certain states here, but it's just that - for individual states - not nationwide like the TÜV mandates. One of the worst things about it all here isn't road legalities, since it's not too strict depending on where you are, but rather it's the import laws. They've been bullshit and arbitrary for a long time, and will continue to be for the forseeable future.

It's give and take I guess. The grass is always greener I know, but I sure would like to be able to import a car easier than it is in the US. But then it would just be harder to modify in certain places too. If I become President, I promise to make a safe haven for car enthusiasts. ;)

·
Registered
1,077 Posts

Yeah, this sounds familiar in certain states here, but it's just that - for individual states - not nationwide like the TÜV mandates. One of the worst things about it all here isn't road legalities, since it's not too strict depending on where you are, but rather it's the import laws. They've been bullshit and arbitrary for a long time, and will continue to be for the forseeable future.

It's give and take I guess. The grass is always greener I know, but I sure would like to be able to import a car easier than it is in the US. But then it would just be harder to modify in certain places too. If I become President, I promise to make a safe haven for car enthusiasts. ;)
I'll be your campaign manager for the small price of a legal R34 GTR Z-tune.

And hell, over here it's not even statewide. The house I bought that my wife and I moved in is in a different county than the one I grew up in. I never had emissions testing before, and of course the 07 2.5i my wife drives threw a catalyst inefficiency code a few weeks before I had to renew the registration. Where we used to live it wouldn't have mattered but here it would have prevented me from registering the car. Fortunately changing the o2 fixed it.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts

I'll be your campaign manager for the small price of a legal R34 GTR Z-tune.
I literally lol'd Kyle when I read that just now.

How coincidental you say that, because an R34 Z-Tune is literally my dream car. I love all Skylines really, but R34 is the king. So my first act as President then would be to import two Z-tunes(assuming two are even ever for sale at the same time!), one for you, one for me haha. There's ~$1.7 mil in car right there.

Or we could just order two Nismo R34 ClubSpecs, which is essentially a Z-Tune, but with parts taken from the entire Nismo catalog to make it equal - oh, and slightly different badging. :)

And hell, over here it's not even statewide. The house I bought that my wife and I moved in is in a different county than the one I grew up in. I never had emissions testing before, and of course the 07 2.5i my wife drives threw a catalyst inefficiency code a few weeks before I had to renew the registration. Where we used to live it wouldn't have mattered but here it would have prevented me from registering the car. Fortunately changing the o2 fixed it.
Wow, county-specific? That's fresh.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #289

That's what my buddy from Oregon told me too!
He could have run his car Catless when he went to University in Eugene,
they check for Emissions/Cat now that he's back in Portland.

@ Future Mr. President BaronOfBeefdip,
I need two Greencards and being able to register my Type UK STI in the States. Thank you! :D

@Gigs:
Those idiots are everywhere! Although the Volkswagen Stance Game is stronger than the Subaru Stance Game over here...

·
Registered
1,077 Posts

I literally lol'd Kyle when I read that just now.

How coincidental you say that, because an R34 Z-Tune is literally my dream car. I love all Skylines really, but R34 is the king. So my first act as President then would be to import two Z-tunes(assuming two are even ever for sale at the same time!), one for you, one for me haha. There's ~$1.7 mil in car right there.

Or we could just order two Nismo R34 ClubSpecs, which is essentially a Z-Tune, but with parts taken from the entire Nismo catalog to make it equal - oh, and slightly different badging. :)
I mean I wouldn't complain about any R34 GTR honestly. I've been thinking lately that when I'm done with the STi I'd search for a R34 GTT in Canada and work out some sort of storage arrangement for a few years until It's legal to import here. I'd need to make a move before the price skyrockets like it has for the R32's. A few years ago you could get a nice GTS-T R32 for less than 15K, now they're 20K+ for the mediocre ones.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #294 (Edited)

Since I've sold my OEM Header and OEM front crashbar + leftover Oilcooler, I had some money on the hand I invested into more car parts right away.

I'll be getting a Momo Hub and I'm about to Order a OMP Steering Wheel.
+ ordered some HT Auto Side skirts.

Not exactly any go fast bits but she's gotta look good, right?

And I wanna see if I can get a better seat position with the steering wheel.
Making it all road legal will be a whole different story though :(

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #295 (Edited)

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #298

No idea for how much that thing will sell.

Anyway,
I received the HT Auto Sideskirt Extensions yesterday and mounted them after I got home.
Some Dremel action was required to make the clips fit properly but it was just a minor operation so no big deal.

Love how it looks!
Now I just need a rear diffuser and closed underbody... :D

·
Premium Member
2,612 Posts

Those look great! I've been wanting those as well! Although I found out that Aeroflowdynamics has a set of those that stick out further which probably benefit the car aero more than the HT Auto ones HERE. Similar pricing, and they seem to stick out all the way to the face of the wheels. I don't think I'd want them to stick out further than the wheels though.... that'd look crazy. haha I'm not sure if anyone has them on here to see how they look though :(

Now I just need a rear diffuser and closed underbody... :D

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #300
Re: Ben's MY05 WRB STI - 1997 Colin McRae WRC Car for sale! #295

Thanks!
The Aeroflowdynamics ones look crazy! I was just sitting in the car and getting out of the bucket seat, I figured I don't want any that would stick out more. I'd step on them by accident and break them off the car haha.
Never seen them on a car. That picture on their page is the first I ever saw with those.

I see you're meme game is strong today :D:tup:

281 - 300 of 836 Posts