IW STi Forum banner

61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #61 (Edited)
Tail of the Dragon - First Video with ReplayXD

Here is my second attempt to drive through the Dragon. I used my new camera, the audio is bad because I left the microphone cover at home.

I went in a different direction, thinking this camera might be just as good as the GoPro. :notsure:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re: Big Ben's Daily Driver - Pilot Super Sport Blowout & Road Hazard Claim Denied

Hi Neighbor! I just need to get thing one running. Come on by this weekend, I think we're going to grill out and have some of the local Subaru fellas come by.

Lucky for us we were on I-40 when it blew out. I can't imagine trying to change it out on US129!
I am baby siting an 06 for a friend while he is deployed, I will swing her by.

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #64 (Edited)
Ben's Daily Driver - Not so great update

Its been a while since I updated the thread. I'm going to pull some stuff off my (down for the count) '04 and put it in the DD.

- PnP'ed exhaust manifold and high-flow Xpipe

- Up Pipe with 44mm EWG

- PnP'ed VF48 with 4k miles

Not sure if I'll go for the EWG on the stock turbo. I'd like to see a small gain from the pnp'ed work. And also adjust the OTS stage II tune while I'm at it.

While I have it apart I will drop in a new fuel pump and address the 2800-3000k stumble too...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #65 (Edited)
Ben's Daily Driver - Not so great update 2

Almost forgot, I need to install my Swift Spec R springs, stainless brake lines and fluid too.

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #70 (Edited)
Fuel pump install and GD FPR install

I finally got around to installing the fuel stuff I bought. IWSTI member Dempsey and I swapped the fuel pump with a DW65c, then installed the GD FPR to correct the fueling issues. I didn't want to add 3' of fuel hose to settle the stumbling...

I bought the IAP fuel kit, but ended up reusing the stock hoses. If anyone with a GR needs to do this mod, just buy the parts from Fred Bean or SGP and save some cash. :rolleyes:

This little fella was a big help...

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #71 (Edited)
Here is my UOA. Copper is high, and the oil intervals were 1350, 3550, 7450, 11550 and now 16850. Hmmm.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Long-time-no-update update. I just ordered a grimspeed DP & EBCS; AEM UEGO Wideband & SMY ClusterMaker Dual Gauge. Once I get all that crap, I'm going to get a road tune and get rid of the OTS tune.

Sent from my hacked HTC one using Tapatalk...

·
Premium Member
564 Posts
Long-time-no-update update. I just ordered a grimspeed DP & EBCS; AEM UEGO Wideband & SMY ClusterMaker Dual Gauge. Once I get all that crap, I'm going to get a road tune and get rid of the OTS tune.

Sent from my hacked HTC one using Tapatalk...
So...

Your "plan" for the 2004 STi just went to shit the moment you ordered all that stuff. Which I know (Oh I know) that you will sell to your nephew. :rolleyes: (Okay, maybe not him; but someone eventually).

:lol:

Then you'll start buying stuff for your wife's car.

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #75 (Edited)
So...

Your "plan" for the 2004 STi just went to shit the moment you ordered all that stuff. Which I know (Oh I know) that you will sell to your nephew. :rolleyes: (Okay, maybe not him; but someone eventually).

:lol:

Then you'll start buying stuff for your wife's car.
I've had stuff on hand for this car for a while (springs, and some other stuff), but the weather and teaching the current fire academy class has me a bit busy and beat down. I'm going to get the '11 squared away (or where I want it anyways ;) ) and then start the breakdown of the '04.

My nephew will never, ever, ever get his hands on my Subaru's...:lol:

By the way, I have finished the upgrades on the Abarth and if she want's anything else done to it, she has to pay. :rolleyes:

I also have to find a Subaru for the teenage driver too...:(

So, in short...Yes to upgrades for the '11. No to more upgrades on the Abarth. Yes to a car for Biz. And finally, a delayed Yes to upgrading and fixing the '04.

I need a second job or to win the PowerBall.:crying:

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
I finally used my TPMS reset tool. I've only had it for two years. No more flashing tire icon on the dash. I wonder if I will miss it?

61 - 77 of 77 Posts