• Sunday, August 20th

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Monday, August 21st

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tuesday, August 22nd

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • All of the above work for me.

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Sorry, I wont be all to make any of the above.

Votes: 1 7.7%
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ben (the #1 man behind IWSTI) will be coming to NY next week. He will be staying with me for a few days so I am trying to put together a late afternoon / dinner meet sometime next week so he could meet some of the NY/CT/NJ STi guys. I was thinking of having it on Sunday the 20th, Monday the 21st , or Tuesday the 22nd. PLEASE VOTE FOR WHICHEVER DAY WORKS BEST FOR YOU. The meet would be HERE. The location is a shopping center in Greenburgh, NY where one of my Dad's restaurants is. There is a HUGE parking lot in the back that we wont be bothered in and my Dad will set the entire meet up with a food package (hence the “dinner” part of the meet).

I was thinking we could all get together between 5:00 and 5:30 and set up the dinner for around 8:00 (on any of the above dates).

What do you guys think? Would you all be down for something like this?

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I am down for that

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Allen504tke said:
I am down for that
Which date?

VSGTS14 said:
come to hunterdon county nj on the 20th, there's an install meet.
That is a possibility. I am picking him up on the 20th so I am not sure if it would be too much to get there. I think Hunterdon County is over 2 hours from me. Would you be able to make the 21st or 22nd?

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I voted for Tuesday but either Mon or Tuesday is fine. :tup:

·
pwn n00bs
18,247 Posts
yea like racerxs said, if you find a place in NJ you will have a huge amount of people..

i would love to meet ben and i would come if it wasn't too far.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
RacerXS said:
Make it in NJ, the turnout will be MUCH bigger. I will be in......if it's closer.
VSGTS14 said:
yea like racerxs said, if you find a place in NJ you will have a huge amount of people..

i would love to meet ben and i would come if it wasn't too far.
It is not too far from NJ. The place is less than 10 minutes from the Tapanzee Bridge (exit 4 off I-287). How far did Map Quest tell you guys?

06_STi_NJ said:
What kind of Food restarant is it? THanks,
Will
It's called Pizza and Brew ... It's Italian

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
Rac10000 said:
It is not too far from NJ. The place is less than 10 minutes from the Tapanzee Bridge (exit 4 off I-287). How far did Map Quest tell you guys?

It's called Pizza and Brew ... It's Italian
60 Miles from my house........if it's during the week you have all the CRAZY rush hour traffic.

·
retired mod
4,012 Posts
Has to be Sunday... weekdays ftl

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
RacerXS said:
60 Miles from my house........if it's during the week you have all the CRAZY rush hour traffic.
Hmmm, that's true. I guess I can't win :( I don't really know what to do about that. It shouldn't be too bad coming into NY. I think it woud be much worse going into NJ. Hopefully, if you leave by 3:30 - 4:00 its shouldn't be too bad yet.

eatV8 said:
Has to be Sunday... weekdays ftl
As of now, according to the Poll, Sunday is winning.

·
retired mod
4,012 Posts
Whats this edit poll button... LOL, I think it makes sure Sunday is always winning.

·
The Hoff Fan Club, member #001
9,936 Posts
yea, i think sunday would be the best. i voted for any day though (tuesday prob wouldn't be the greatest though).

·
Registered
386 Posts
Make sure you all wear your Ben Fan Club shirts and have your Ben Fan Club Membership Cards ready!

·
The Hoff Fan Club, member #001
9,936 Posts
VSGTS14 said:
sunday would be good, but some of us will be attending a meet :(
well, you guys could end the meet up a little earlier and move the party to the Ben meet. or the people that want to go to the meet could just leave earlier and the people who dont could stay.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
evilSTi7 said:
well, you guys could end the meet up a little earlier and move the party to the Ben meet. or the people that want to go to the meet could just leave earlier and the people who dont could stay.
That's a good idea. If you guys are done with installs between 4:00 - 5:00 you could at least make it for the dinner part of the meet. I don't think there is a better solution than that. We don't really have a great time frame to work with.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
if we're done by 4 or 5, you still have to take in account for travel time, so you said, 7 for dinner? well we'd either just be making it, or be a lil behind. this also depending on traffic as well.

im down but just saying

1 - 20 of 56 Posts