IW STi Forum banner

Beefloafian's 2011 Rally Blue Sedan: Update Jan 1 2016, Going Stage 3

GR Sedan: 
7K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  pogipoints 
#1 · (Edited)
Alice, 2011 WRB STi, bought on Oct 5th 2011.

Latest Picture, post "blingage".....

Mod List:
Black=Installed
Red=Planned
Blue=Bought, Not Installed

Engine:
Cobb SF Intake and Airbox + Cobb tune with Stumblefix edits
Grimmspeed Master Cylinder Brace
Nameless Muffler Delete Cat-back with Resonator
Air Pump Delete
Nameless Downpipe
Injector Dynamics 1000's
DeatschWerks DW65c Fuel Pump
Nameless Performance Lightweight Crank Pulley

Drivetrain:
Cobb adjustable short shifter with bushings.
Whiteline Bushing inserts: Rear Diff, Rear Sub-Frame, Rear Diff forward mount bushings. Whiteline Steering rack bushings.
Beatrush Motor Mounts
Beatrush Pitch stop
Beatrush Transmission mounts
Super Pro Front Sway 24mm
Super Pro Rear Sway 22mm
Super Pro Endlinks
DBA T2 Rotors
Project Mu B-Force pads
Goodridge Stainless Steel Brake lines
Carbon Fiber Driveshaft

Exterior Parts:
RA Blue Mudflaps
Hella Supertones Horns (for a good install How-to, check out THIS link)
Self painted Body Color trunk trim
Chrome delete on side windows
Side Fender black JDM badges
Shark-Fin Antenna

Interior Parts:
COBB AP
Flossy Redhead Shorty
JPM Coachworks shift and brake boots, alcantra w/red stitching
Pioneer AVIC-Z150BH In-Dash Navigation
JCS Pod's A-pillar Pod
Defi Red Racer Boost Gage
Defi Red Racer Oil Temp Gage
AEM UEGO Wideband A/F Gage

Swappable Parts:
'11 STi Rims with Michelin Pilot Super Sports
'07 STi Gold BBS Rims with Bridgestone Blizzak LM-60's

Fluids:
Engine Oil--Shell Rotella T6
Brake Fluid-Motul RBF600

Stage 3 w/Protune pending? mmmmmm tasty.

Also, she's paid off. Hooyah.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Re: Beefloafian's 2011 Rally Blue Sedan

Time to start a journal I told myself, and here it is!

Bought my 2011 World Rally Blue STi on October 5th, she's a base model, with tinted windows for a start.

The first mod will be rally armor mudflaps, and then an accessport, definitely want to get that stock tune replaced!

Mods:
Mudflaps:-----------------------Done, Blue RA
AccessPort:---------------------Done,
Sunroof:------------------------Next summer
Body Colored Trunk Trim:----Ordering on Dec 1st!
Set of Winter Wheels/Tires:--Done

Waiting for the ferry

Her Heart!

I promise I'll get a better camera than my phone here soon :rolleyes:

#3 ·
Intercooler: STi Logo'd

Put on the logo!
I found the stencil online, and went from there, printed it, cut it out, traced it, taped it, newspapered the engine bay, sprayed it with dupli-color engine enamel, and it was goooooood.

Next up is the RA Mudflaps, ordered from Boston Motorsports, they should be here on Monday!

Also, random pic :D

On that fuzzy picture note, if anyone knows of any good deals on a new Nikon D90, I'd LOVE to know.....I'm waiting till black friday to try to find one with an 18-100+ lens kit for 900 or less.

#4 ·
Welcome Aboard! Great choice, I too have the same car with similar mods. May I ask about the sunroof? I would stay away from it. Especially since it not being from the factory. I wouldn't recommend it.

Good luck!

Sent from my HTC Amaze 4G using Tapatalk

#6 ·
Re: Beefloafian's 2011 Rally Blue Sedan

Santa: about the sunroof, the only option I've considered is letting the dealership do it. They say that they send it out for a couple days to wherever they do all they're aftermarket big installs, and since it will be completely covered by warranty (I got the extended 5 year (gold?) warranty, I figure it's not really that much of a risk.

#7 ·
Re: Beefloafian's 2011 Rally Blue Sedan: Update 11/30/11 BLIZZAKS!

Some new pics:

Stock '07 BBS Goldies with 235/45/17 Blizzak LM-60's for the winter!

Horns Install:

Relay and Fuse

Finished

AP :D

And that's all for now, I'm going to let my wallet recharge a bit before I do anything else.

Also, I'm moving to Charleston SC in January for Nuclear Power School (Navy) , anyone have recommendations for a good dealership out there? preferably an AP friendly one?

#9 ·
Re: Beefloafian's 2011 Rally Blue Sedan: Update 11/30/11 BLIZZAKS!

Why a sunroof? I have a limited and I wish I didnt have one, just adds weight.
Because she's my DD and as such I want comfort as well as performance. The way I figured, and this was before I even went to the dealership, is that if I want(ed) a subie to make as light as possible for racing, I'd just buy a hawkeye and mod the crap out of her.....which might happen in the farther future :D

Plus I've always loved sunroofs (despite living in western WA where they're usable probably 10 days a year :p ) So I think it's something I want to do.

I would have gone limited from the start, but I figured I'd add everything on later bit by bit. It's a little cheaper that way (at least mentally).

#10 ·
Re: Beefloafian's 2011 Rally Blue Sedan: Update 1 Aug 14 Beatrush/whiteline/Superpro.

I recently had a gent on here PM me asking my experience with my Beatrush parts, as I hadn't written anything in my journal. So I thought I might as well do so and let everyone know at once.

So Beatrush. Hoooooooo boy.

Let me just say for starters I'll definitely be keeping everything installed.

I first installed the pitch stop mount and transmission mount. the NVH was pretty noticeable, but after a couple hundred miles it became noticeably quieter and initial acceleration vibrations lessened to barely noticeable as well. The transmission mount absolutely added tranny noise as well, but I already had the COBB short shifter and bushings, so it was already noisy. I tend to like tranny noise though...

I then installed the a whole bunch of whiteline drivetrain bushing inserts, as well as steering rack bushings, so things stiffened up a little, but I don't think they affected NVH much at all, so I was able to feel the additions from just the mounts decently.

And then two weeks ago I installed the lower motor mounts. excuse my french but HOLY SHIT. Read up in this thread about how to install them, and when they say the rear two bolts are hard to get at, and you need extra long-flex-head-ratcheting wrenches to get the bolts out they are not kidding. Those two rear-most bolts made this the single most painful and maddening install I've ever done on any car. And I've rebuilt some pretty annoying things...

That said, I did manage to get all the bolts in, while only using ramps and jack stands in my garage, so it is doable. I've yet to check up on the torques for all the bolts, but I plan on doing that tomorrow to see if any of the stories in that thread have any backing to them. I recommend loctite just for peace of mind too...

As for the result.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....

NVH definitely increased, and I don't feel it lessening either. The lower mounts definitely cause a little whole-car shaking at warm idle, and a LOT at cold idle, but nothing I would consider crazy or un-livable-with. After you start rolling though, and as long as you're staying above 2k rpm all the time, the only difference I notice is that shifting is much better the harder you shift. The shifter just isn't being pulled around at all, and you're not battling the engine bucking around inside the engine bay. So I'd say that if you don't mind a little bit of NVH added, these Beatrush parts add a lot of fun in terms of shifting and drive-train feel.

Definitely a buy in my book as long as you're ok with a moderate amount of NVH added.

Cheers!

#11 ·
Re: Beefloafian's 2011 Rally Blue Sedan: Update 1 Aug 14 Beatrush/whiteline/Superpro.

Figured I should probably post something here...considering it's been forever and this hardly counts as a journal right now...more like a mod list.

Bought a bunch of stuff since last update to the front post.

Nameless Downpipe w/Cat and Heat Shield
Nameless Lightweight Crank Pulley
Nameless Air Pump Delete Plates
Grimmspeed EBCS
JCS Pods 3-gage A-pillar Pod
Defi Red Racer Boost gage
Defi Red Racer Oil Temp gage
AEM UEGO Wideband A/F gage
Injector Dynamics 1000's
DeatschWerks DW65c Fuel Pump
Exhaust Wrap for downpipe
Gold Reflective Tape for Intercooler and Air Box (I'm still skeptical about this stuff, but a couple good forum posts and high ratings on amazon convinced me that it couldn't hurt...)

I then spent hours reading and re-reading the factory manual and reading forum posts making sure I had all the right supporting gaskets/o-rings also ordered/on-hand.

Where I'm at right now is with the pod and all gages in place, with only the boost gage working. I was tearing the driver side air pump solenoid parts out and the amount of things attached to the intake manifold made me hesitate on going for the rear oil gallery since I had to drive her the next day.

I'm pretty sure eventually I'll be getting the SMY gage cluster and putting oil pressure in as well, but for now I'll be rolling with just these gages.

The gold foil tape seems to work well, I do notice that the intercooler itself is cooler to the touch after driving...though my hand hasn't been calibrated in...er...ever.

I'm coming up on my 60k checkup, and right now contemplating whether I should get my local dealer (who's been good to me so far) do the full checkup, and install the injectors, crank pulley and fuel pump while they're at it. Otherwise I'd just be wasting accessory belts and time.

My other options would be to do it all myself (but I don't have a second car and I doubt I could get it all done in a weekend) or have The Shop in CT do the 60k check up while they do all the other installs prior to Protune.

I'll post pics of the downpipe when it gets here, otherwise I'll be sitting here contemplating who is going to do all this work...

Attachments

#12 ·
Re: Beefloafian's 2011 Rally Blue Sedan: Update Jan 14 2016, DP, Crank Pulley, Gages

Finished up the Downpipe install, along with Wideband A/F gage and oil temp sensor.

Nameless lightweight crank pulley.

Gage pod fully wired.

Also Plasti-dipped the winter wheels

Attachments

#13 ·
Went Holy headers, uppipe with Turbosmart Compgate-40 EWG, Nameless Downpipe, Grimspeed EBCS, ID1000's, DW65c.

Tuned by Mikey at TheShop CT.

Mikey took good care of me...

For a brand new mustang dyno, and 85 degree weather, I'm happy...Mikey said the engine felt like it had 5k on it, not 63k like it actually has.

Now to start planning the E85 move! fuel Rails, flexfuel kit, some corn....mmmmm yeah.

Probably going to plumb the EWG into the downpipe too....I like the noise....but sometimes it gets to be a bit much.

#14 ·
Went Holy headers, uppipe with Turbosmart Compgate-40 EWG, Nameless Downpipe, Grimspeed EBCS, ID1000's, DW65c.

Probably going to plumb the EWG into the downpipe too....I like the noise....but sometimes it gets to be a bit much.
Sorry for bringing up an old post, but this is so far the only one I've found online where a Nameless DP is combined with an EWG. Do you have a photo of where the dump tube sits in relation to the divorced pipe of Nameless DP?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.