IW STi Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im in white plains and on the way to Woodbury Commons, I take the Bear Mt Pass through Route 9A, was wondering if anybody else knew about that road. Very nice scenic route and a very nice uphill/downhill mountain road with cliffs on one side :)

·
Registered
97 Posts
MR2 club does a Bear Mtn rally every year on that route. Very nice indeed.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wow, really?? i would have to check that rally out.,

Whats is the MR2 club? do they have a website?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Silver/Silver in Knoxville

Haven't gone up with the STI yet, but was the with my R1. There's one part of the road that was really nice, several high speed sweepers one after another.

·
Registered
97 Posts
orca said:
wow, really?? i would have to check that rally out.,

Whats is the MR2 club? do they have a website?
I believe the date is set for Nov 1st for this yr, they are actually open for other cars this year for the first time since a Supra crashed on the way 4 years ago, nearly taking me with him.

httP:\\board.mr2faq.com, Go to event date section

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i went to httP:\\board.mr2faq.com and went to the event calendar and found no events on November 1st. am I looking at the wrong thing? does anybody else know of any rallys that are going to be on this road?

Also i went up there with my STi, only have 500 miles on it right now so i cant push it but, even so, i was quietly trotting around the curves and then saw cars ahead of my and i look down at the speedometer and see i was going close to 60 mph!! i felt like i was going 30... at least thats what it felt like in my pathfinder before....

i took the curves like i did with my pathfinder and to hear no tire sound... i cant wait to finish breaking her in!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts