IW STi Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where and how is the easiest way to get a wire from the battery to the inside of the car so that I can hook up my 9815 Alpine for the high current draw internal amp? Where are the grommets in the sheet metal and which ones are easiest to access?

Thanks for any help and/or photos!

·
Registered
694 Posts
white line front sway bar. how to install

Myself, I routed the power cable across the back of the engine compartment, held in with the clips for the hoses and wiring harnesses, and ran it down into the grommet poking up at the front of the passenger's side footwell (it's actually behind the ductwork inside the car, but not too hard to reach). I just cut the usual "+"-shaped hole in that grommet, and ran it through.

I also ran it behind the washer fluid reservoir, and have the in-line fuse sitting under the factory fusebox in the engine compartment.

I zip-tied everything into place for safekeeping, and put some silicone-based sealant around the wire/grommet seal to prevent crud from getting into the car.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I found it and it was very easy, I don't know what that vent is but it should be ok having a 12 guage wire sharing the grommet. :lol:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just ran my ALpine right off the radio harness. I'm running Focal separates in front and Focal coaxials in the rear. No problem so far I have played it at very loud levels without blowing any fuses. Just a reminder I have no subwoofer atttached.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts