IW STi Forum banner

121 - 140 of 991 Posts

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
Re: Baron's '05 STi journal!! - slow progress **nice weather, 'bout time!**

Holy bovine! That is one clean '05 WRB... almost as clean as mine was before I f'ed it up real good! :p Damn dementia... :D

Keep up the good elbow work! :tup:
RecceRS commented in my journal!

Thanks for visiting! I may not be as quick with the mods as you or some other people, but it's getting there!

·
Registered
1,353 Posts

Yeah, I try to return the favor when I can! :)

It did take me 10 years to get to where I am now, so I understand completely, and it might not even work in the end so... HAHA! :rolleyes: Seriously though, you car was an awesome find, and now I want to cut it in half! GIMME GIMME GIMME!!!! :lol: :tup:

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #124

Yeah, I try to return the favor when I can! :)

It did take me 10 years to get to where I am now, so I understand completely, and it might not even work in the end so... HAHA! :rolleyes: Seriously though, you car was an awesome find, and now I want to cut it in half! GIMME GIMME GIMME!!!! :lol: :tup:
Thank you! And about the cutting-in-half part, you're busy enough with ONE car! I would die on the inside watching that happen though...

Its a free bolt kit, just a fyi. Still a good deal tho.
Yeah, I noticed that actually. But yes, still a good deal. I'm putting my other TGV's up for sale at this time.

Here are some recent pics of the RA's, no biggie.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #126

Got the JDM fogs in a couple days ago, man they're nice! I can't wait to install 'em and cut the bumper beam. If only I knew someone who was good at cutting things! *cough*RecceRS!!*cough* :D

·
Registered
479 Posts
Re: Re: Baron's '05 STi journal!! - slow progress **nice weather, 'bout time!**

Got the JDM fogs in a couple days ago, man they're nice! I can't wait to install 'em and cut the bumper beam. If only I knew someone who was good at cutting things! *cough*RecceRS!!*cough* :D
If not, the bumper beam off my 06 is available for test hacking!

·
Registered
1,353 Posts

Sure! Just bring it over... but you should not leave me alone with her lest something else happens! ;)

I have that annoying dot over my house on the internet now... car molestor my arse, the courts are unjust!!!! :mad:

Honestly though, hacking a bumper beam is as easy as can be, I'm sure you won't have any problems! :tup:

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #129

If not, the bumper beam off my 06 is available for test hacking!
Thanks for the offer Gary! I guess you have no need for it anymore with the FMIC!

Sure! Just bring it over... but you should not leave me alone with her lest something else happens! ;)

I have that annoying dot over my house on the internet now... car molestor my arse, the courts are unjust!!!! :mad:

Honestly though, hacking a bumper beam is as easy as can be, I'm sure you won't have any problems! :tup:
Oh god, don't leave them in a room alone together!! The courts just don't understand....
No, I've seen how to do it. Looks pretty easy. Although, since cutting into metal and leaving it bare would be a no-no, what you recommend to cover it up, some sort of spray coat?

·
Registered
1,353 Posts

what you recommend to cover it up, some sort of spray coat?
Since it's out of view, you can use whatever shade of metal or anti-rust paint and/or primer you might have laying around the garage to keep costs down. Undercoating or bedliner works too if you have'em. I personally wouldn't pay $15 for a can of WRB just for this, but since your car is super duper clean it might be something you'd want to do anyways. I'd recommend a nice coat of gray high build primer before you apply the WRB though. It's your choice, really! :tup:

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #132

You coming out to MAM on Friday? We are going to do some drag racing! Ross said he'll race you. :)
I'd like to, I didn't know there were gonna be races. Ross said that?? I hope that's a joke....he'd stomp me.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #133

Since it's out of view, you can use whatever shade of metal or anti-rust paint and/or primer you might have laying around the garage to keep costs down. Undercoating or bedliner works too if you have'em. I personally wouldn't pay $15 for a can of WRB just for this, but since your car is super duper clean it might be something you'd want to do anyways. I'd recommend a nice coat of gray high build primer before you apply the WRB though. It's your choice, really! :tup:
Yeah, I figured since it would be out of sight that it wouldn't matter the color. Thanks for the advice, I had something similar in mind. I second guess myself a lot.

·
Super Moderator
8,396 Posts

I'd like to, I didn't know there were gonna be races. Ross said that?? I hope that's a joke....he'd stomp me.

They have drag racing every Friday night during season. Ross will race anything;he doesn't give a crap if he loses.

·
Registered
11 Posts

Wish I wasnt working and wish the clutch wasnt slipping. Some MAM action is needed!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

·
Super Moderator
8,396 Posts

Garvin, hope to see you there. I just raised the boost 2 more pounds and added timing on Ross' car. I'm damn curious to see what it will do. Run you car as-is for a good baseline. Ross' best Cobb stage 2 time was 8.6, mine was 8.40.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #137

Gavin, hope to see you there. I just raised the boost 2 more pounds and added timing on Ross' car. I'm damn curious to see what it will do. Run you car as-is for a good baseline. Ross' best Cobb stage 2 time was 8.6, mine was 8.40.
Well, I'll see if I can make it out there...

·
Super Moderator
8,396 Posts

Too bad you couldn't make it today. We were the only Subaru running today. Ross has some practice to do, but the car definitely has 7's in it. Best pass was 8.1 @ 86 (1.84 60ft). He had so much wheel spin that the car was hitting the rev limiter while spinning and cutting, or the LC was doing something funny.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #139

Damn, those are great videos, that is a quick wagon! If 8.1 was quickest, he easily could put down 7's. That spinning is killing the times of course but more practice is always good. I know I could use some. Hopefully next week if you're headed out there, I'll make some time.

Coming up on 30k, so I gotta plan when to change all the fluids and find a place to do it since my work schedule is different from the rest of the world. I hope to have the rest of the brake parts ordered soon so then I can mount the new(to me) wheels!

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #140

Welp, been a while since I've updated the journal, but it's been a little over a year since I got the car and I still love it! I know the mods have been slow with this car, but I will be doing upgrades real soon here, and more in late July/early August.

For now, I've ordered some more detailing bits, and just now placed an order on FredBeans for some Subaru Extra-S, LSD oil, and some ATE Super Blue. I already have a Wix filter, coolant, T6, and some other parts waiting to go on the car, so it'll be a busy couple days I'm sure. I believe I have everything covered for a complete 30k maintenance. Let me know if I've forgotten anything else.

Additionally, once my headlight is sold I will be ordering all the brake upgrade parts and Killer B parts as well. I know I've said it before, but it's getting there!!

121 - 140 of 991 Posts