IW STi Forum banner

941 - 960 of 992 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,691 Posts
Re: Baron's '05 STi journal - **New wheels fitted!**

Wheels look nice, fix the gauge wiring issue.

·
Registered
985 Posts

Gavin, if there is a HF near you. I'd buy their mechanical gauge and hook it up to the port under the alt and verify with a mechanical.

I know Oreilys etc rent them. but I know for a fact the HF one will work with a Subaru. I have it at home lol.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #943

Thanks guys. Yeah I might try that. My sender is tapped to the rear galley port, not the one above the oil pump, so the OEM sender is installed there.

The weird thing is like I said, it was registering and building pressure when I cranked it without fuel and spark.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #945

Ordered some carbon bits from JapanParts and bought some on NASIOC...you'll see. Slow otherwise, just want it to be nice out again. Lined up a photoshoot with a local photog that takes amazing car photos for sometime after the car comes back out. We'll pick out some locations that really go well with the car color.

Got the ST all shined up and ceramic coated at Owner's Pride before putting it away as well. Just didn't have time myself and it was getting cold out, so I treated myself a bit. Take a look on their FB page.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #947

No I haven't been out in the garage since winter hit. This is something I will address at the start of the season.

·
Registered
901 Posts

I had one of the AIM Oil Pressure Sensors fail on me.
The other day the VDO Oil Pressure Sensor showed 3 bar more than usual, it was a cold day so that might have been it because now it just reads normal.

The day I have a real oil pressure problem I probably won't even recognize it because I learned to not trust the sensors feeding me values :lol:

Car looks great on the new wheels, Gavin! :cool::tup:

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #949

I would've preferred it reading high instead of zero, but I knew not to trust it at the time because the engine sounded normal when running.

Thanks! I am happy with how it looks as well! Dream wheels!

Sent the deposit to Evasive for the Kansai diffuser. Now to wait for 3 months...

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #950

Never had carbon bits before, so this is new to me. Pretty nice looking:

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #952

Side skirts showed up, so that's cool. These are very nicely crafted; can't wait to get them installed.

Diffuser will be here in a couple months' time.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #954

Yep. Had Evasive place an order for me a couple weeks ago. It'll be around a 3 month wait from then. The plan is to do something along your same lines of a flat floor eventually.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #955

Decided to pull the trigger on a Cobb exhaust for the ST:

With the Blitz exhaust on the STi, I have to say the quality of the welds on the Cobb are damn close to the Blitz; really very nicely done. I can't wait to get this installed and have the car feel and sound different. Also got some H&R Sport springs for the Focus and Cobb rear motor mount. Other than that still waiting for the Kansai diffuser and the nice weather.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #956

I may have bought a thing I shouldn't have:

Nice weather practically here, streets falling apart worse than they ever have, so hopefully things get swept and repaired before the cars come back out; we'll see.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #959

Bought an S203 grille as well....why am I doing this?

Wing is shipping tomorrow from the Netherlands. Top Shelf and Rare Parts is bad for me. I literally have spent hours perusing the parts. I absolutely love seeing rare stuff, some of which I haven't before. It's a privilege just to see some of it.

941 - 960 of 992 Posts