IW STi Forum banner

401 - 420 of 991 Posts

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #401 (Edited)
Re: Baron's '05 STi journal - **motor is pulled...now to mod...**

Hey hey! Hope it serves him well. I was being too paranoid I know, but I got the better design now.

Yeah, I figured that was the difference in price. Sodium is pricey I guess....When I get the heads back, would you be available to come by or are you pretty booked for a while? I know you've been busy helping Rick and life stuff, but just thought I'd ask.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #402
Re: Baron's '05 STi journal - **motor is pulled...now to mod...**

Well, it seems my plans are changing again. This time it's serious.....DUN DUN DUN. Major surgery time. No no, not on me....the STi!

Can you guess???

No???

I have decided I'm going to build the bottom end as well! I was reading some other journals of people I follow, just kind of thinking about my application and was trying to come up with reasons NOT to do it, however the pros seemed to outweigh the cons. The bug bit me too and I just had to scratch the itch. I'm slightly anxious about it but mostly excited to undergo this task.

I'm pretty certain I will be upgrading to a bigger turbo in a few years, so building in preparation for that seems pretty wise at this point. I will be reusing my block and crank of course, but all the other parts are getting swapped out for forged bits. I have already contacted Jason and will be buying up the Manley Turbo Tuff rods he has for sale.

·
Super Moderator
10,688 Posts
Re: Baron's '05 STi journal - **motor is pulled...forged internals, baby...**

Thanks for buying those rods from Jason..........keeping my pocket full of $$$ as I was about to pull the trigger. G/L with the upgrade to the bottom end. You are doing the right thing.

·
Super Moderator
8,396 Posts

Well, it seems my plans are changing again. This time it's serious.....DUN DUN DUN. Major surgery time. No no, not on me....the STi!

Can you guess???

No???

I have decided I'm going to build the bottom end as well! I was reading some other journals of people I follow, just kind of thinking about my application and was trying to come up with reasons NOT to do it, however the pros seemed to outweigh the cons. The bug bit me too and I just had to scratch the itch. I'm slightly anxious about it but mostly excited to undergo this task.

I'm pretty certain I will be upgrading to a bigger turbo in a few years, so building in preparation for that seems pretty wise at this point. I will be reusing my block and crank of course, but all the other parts are getting swapped out for forged bits. I have already contacted Jason and will be buying up the Manley Turbo Tuff rods he has for sale.
Thanks for buying those rods from Jason..........keeping my pocket full of $$$ as I was about to pull the trigger. G/L with the upgrade to the bottom end. You are doing the right thing.
Can I hear a 700? 700... $700 right here...

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #405

You're......welcome? Haha, glad I could keep money in your pocket. Didn't know you were considering getting them. Are you building another motor?

Jason....you're too kind. eBay called....jk.

·
Super Moderator
10,688 Posts

Shhhh, don't tell Jason. Lol......

·
Registered
947 Posts

Hey Baron, I saw on nasioc you're interested in that s203 trunk. That moron is asking way too much. PM this guy "ssssly", he has a few spec c and s203 for sale threads going right now. He pm'd me that he has the Same trunk but better condition (pics provided) for a third of the price but hasn't listed it yet. I was about to buy it but he's not so good at getting shipping quotes for large items and I don't want the s203 wing bc I'm going with a voltex.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #411

Thanks for the heads-up Foo, I have seen him on NASIOC before, totally forgot he was local. I will get in touch with him for sure, had no idea he had rare parts.

As far as the other guy: yeah, I was definitely gonna try and talk him down from that price cloud that he's riding high on. Not sure he'd budge much, but for a potential buyer(me), he would be wise to consider a fair offer because not many people would shell out for those bits. Reminds me of jal723 from NASIOC too; he was selling genuine S203 parts off the very car he owned. Super nice guy though.

Again, thanks for the tip. I will be in contact with him. Amazing coincidence that he's local.

·
Registered
947 Posts

That's what I figured. That guys is a huge moron. I wouldn't buy jack from him.
the ssssly guy? really? i didnt get that vibe from him at all. I mean when it came to sealing a sale and getting a shipping quote he dropped the ball but i dont think anything negative about him. Right off the bat he only asked 500 for the trunk that two other guys have listed for 1,500 which i thought was pretty cool of him. but i had very little contact with him so you prob know way more of him

·
Registered
947 Posts

FB has boards now? sheesh, how things change. i havent had one since HS

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #417

Ah I guess I didn't know he was doing that locally...

Upon closer look though Foo, what he's got is a Spec C trunk/wing, not an S203 setup. I'm sure you know both cars. He had a Spec C in Japan it seems, so it's likely these are from that car. Alas, I'm looking for S203 stuff. I already talked to him and he said he would sell the trunk, but not the wing unless "someone offered an obscene amount of money for it", because he wants to put it on his FFR 818. I don't want just the trunk so I think I'm gonna pass on this one.

·
Registered
947 Posts

Seems Jason was right about him. He gave me the impression the wing came with the trunk. My bad. Let the idiot sit on his parts then

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #420

Yeah, so I kept talking to him more....he kept trying to get me to come by after I said I wasn't interested since he wanted to keep the Spec C wing, and he asked "what's your offer for both?" I replied saying that I'm not sure and hadn't thought about it since he wanted to keep it. I also replied, "what's a reasonable amount then?"

I shit you not, he says "$1700 for the trunk and wing"

Yeah, he's nuts. There's a reason he's sitting on all that....

401 - 420 of 991 Posts