sad said:
Worm...

You are the man, but the guys from
SCI DROVE the thing and saw the
specs... :eek: :eek:

Seeing is believing... :eek:

Or... is it ???

Hard to argue with physical evidence.
I personally have never seen a 2.5L Turbo'ed Impreza (Factory) so I can't really say what the SCI guys saw. But I'm telling you, Subaru is not going to re-invent the wheel just to give us an STi. We will get the 2.0L

sad said:
If you do the math, here in Canada
we pay $35K CDN for an "ordinary"
5-spd WRX with a rear spoiler... and
at the current exchange rate (as the
only factor) that comes to about
$22K USD... but you guys pay about
$25K USD for the same thing...
But even though the WRX MSRP is around 25K in the U.S. the average "sold" price is closer to 22K. Plus comparing prices between countries has never proven to be effective...

And as far as being concerned enough to call your zone reps, the only issue I know the U.S. Dealer Council (SOA Decision Makers) is considering is:
They are considering not bringing the Gold wheels. Bad idea in my opinion, keep it in its true form

Everything else has been decided and will be announced in Detroit.
Mark this post and come back & check it after the announcement.
270 - 275 HP 2.0L
6-Speed Tranny
M.S.R.P. right around $31,995.00
Availible only in Blue, Silver & White
New front styling
Brembo Brakes
STi scoop, wing, badging etc.
STi interior (although we may get slightly revised seats...as out North American rear ends are somewhat larger than the rest of the worlds...:D )
R180 Rear Diff
17" Wheels (Gold hopefully...not Silver)
No DCCD

Those who have placed deposits should be contacted by their dealers in late January/early February in order to pick/add options and finalize their orders.

I've even received a estimated arrival window for my STi...

May 6 - 17th, 2003

G

·
0 Posts
Hey Worm that is great info. Maybe I missed it somewhere, but I don't remember seeing confirmation of twin scroll turbo. Can you confirm if we will get it? That is my deciding factor on purchasing the Sti.

Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Worm,

if I went to the bank with your information, I would soon be broke.
send me a pm. You will see that I am not pulling your leg.

I have driven the car. I won't say where, but I have.

nuff said I think.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Wings

Bank on it is my choice of title, not Worm's, so don't come after him, come after me. ;)

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Yeah....confirmation of the new engine specs (new cast pistons, twin scroll) would be nice too. That's one of my main concerns, along with what the cool little must-have options are going to raise the price too.

Any option details at all Worm?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I forget said:
Worm,

if I went to the bank with your information, I would soon be broke.
send me a pm. You will see that I am not pulling your leg.

I have driven the car. I won't say where, but I have.

nuff said I think.
Replied to your PM...

·
Registered
54 Posts
I forget said:
...I have driven the car. I won't say where, but I have.

nuff said I think.
I believe you; you probably did, but what's to say it wasn't a prototype strictly for evaluation puposes :-?

==================

If MSRP is really $32k that it I'm out. :(

·
Registered
508 Posts
Re: broke

Worm,
I know it's been said many times before, but I'll say it again. Thanks for all of your I-can-see-into-the-future-like tips. We ALL appreciate them. My question is, do you know of any options that will be offered? I know it's not too far into the future before we find out, but I need to know if I should budget an extra $800-1000 for HID's? That's the only real option I NEED (the DCCD would be nice too). In addition, as stated above, what about the twin scroll turbo/manifold and suspension revisions? Thanks again for all of your info.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Hmm...

Everything so far sounds good except for the possible lack of gold wheels and the revised seats. I hope we get the blue inserts on the seats. That looks WAY cool.

I think, if they decide to come with silver wheels then I shall be known as SilverSTi :D.

Oh I hope they give us the gold wheels. I really want the Blue with the gold wheels but I know the world is not perfect. Either way I'll have my STi in My 2003.

As for all those asking about the twin scroll, Worm already said "Twin Scroll Looks good" (as in coming on the car) in an earlier thread. Who knows if it will actually be in our model or not. I reckon that it hopefully will be on all models worldwide. Personally I could'nt care less about the DCCD because I plan to use the car as a daily driver and not for rallying or racing.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey there, "I Forget":

You really drove the NA spec STi ???

Was it a prototype, or was it, indeed,
the production version ???

Engine ???

Options ???

Fess up !!! We're waiting...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Canadian Pricing

Check out this site

http://pub103.ezboard.com/fsoccertalk55132frm74.showMessage?topicID=53.topic

for speculative pricing on the '04 EVO VIII.

If this is true, and if Subaru wants to sell
STi's, and if nobody really ever went broke by
underestimating the stupidity of the general
public, then Mitsubishi will be our best friend
when it comes to keeping the MSRP of the STi
at or under $30K US.

I have owned Subarus since 1979, but if the
speculative pricing on the EVO VIII is correct,
well, I'm gonna have a hard look at the Mitsu
dealership just down the street.

I hope that Subaru will do the same.

·
Drive True
6,833 Posts
We all know that alot of this is still speculation...they may even change things at the last minute...remember there was a post somewhere in this forum that someone had heard rally blue wasn't gonna be offered??

·
Registered
117 Posts
Some (more like most) of you felt that the 2.5L was way out there, but the person who said that he heard the WR blue wouldn't be offered would obviously believe anything. If he says anthing about the existance of the 2.5L STi, then it obviously doesn't exist.

·
Registered
986 Posts
91TB78 said:
sorry but dropping black as an option sucks
That does suck. I wont believe it until I see it. Heck, my dealer said yellow, black, silver, and blue..YELLOW?! yuck..even on the S202 I didn't like it.
I never liked yellows either. Blue was the last on my list as well. (I am weird I know) My dealer even said they will have a sedona red (I already drive that in WRX clothing), so I will pass.

this is why on another post I was wondering if my 17 inch P1's (anthracite) will fit over the brembos. If I end up on a silver those gold wheels may be replaced by my P1's (if they clear the brakes). LOL I may be one of the first to sell my STi rims (goldies).

Cheers

Nick

·
Registered
15 Posts
a friend of mine said that the evo8 will be 27 base and 29 loaded, no clue what that entails but thats from some discussions with people he knew at the mitsu dealership, so i have to say that im banking on a STI that doesnt breach 30K barrier.

·
Drive True
6,833 Posts
On the other hand, if the STi's price is too close to the WRX, it will cannibalize the WRX sales...

1 - 20 of 49 Posts