IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright..jus a prefference question...My old car a 92 eagle talon, the clutch was so hard I would jus use my foot in the air..I'n the sti how many of you guy's ball the clutch??...I've tried both ways but do not have enough experience with the car to establish which is more comfortable..so0o0 do You guy's think it's easier to ball it or jus have yr leg in the air??...thanx alot..;)

·
Registered
6,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
:p A little feed back would be much apreciated..thanx

·
Premium Member
8,137 Posts
what do u mean by ball the clutch??:confused:

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
I don't understand the concept of "balling" the clutch, never heard of it and I'm having a hard time imagining it. For what its worth, I had a ACT stage 2 clutch put in and I would guess it takes 30 lbs of force to push it down compared to the stockish 10 ish (these are just guesses). But I still use the same technique, using mostly my toes and knee.

·
Registered
307 Posts
If you are referring to keeping your heal on teh floor, then no, I use full foot movement,

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
yea lol what the hell are you talking about "balling the clutch"... do u mean holding the car from rolling back in gear when your on a hill? cuz if so thats soo bad

·
Registered
6,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
LOL..Hey sry for the late post..But yeah i'm refering to keeping yr heel on the floor ...im ammused that u guy's haven't herd that term before..But anyways I've notcied that it's easier to keep yr fot off the floor...cause in my situation my akelis tendant is Very stiff and I don't have alot of ankle pivot movement..And also who has also had a problem with their feet being to big to double pedel easily..I cant do the heal toe movement (frot to back) I have to do like a side to side motion which I belive is less effective..my shoes alwase get caught in the side of the carpet or something else..thanx for the feed back!!:cool:

·
Registered
990 Posts
I keep my heel on the floor when working the clutch. I feel that I get a lot more control that way, as I'm not moving my entire foot. Same goes for my right foot, in fact there is a wear mark on my floormat where I place my heel.

So I guess that means I "Ball" it. Never heard that term before.

·
Registered
6,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well awsome seem like there are mixed review but guess it's just preference..Thanx alot for the feed back..and any of your have rear break noise like it sounds like sand paper, from it being new??

·
Registered
990 Posts
If mine sits for a few days (3-5) it makes a ton of noise when I first back out of the driveway. I can even get a loud bang when I first get the car moving due to the fact that the pads have rusted to the rotors. Once I have made a few stops though the noise is gone. I guess that's the downside to a job that sends me traveling a solid 60% of the time.

·
Registered
248 Posts
tyler_sti said:
LOL..Hey sry for the late post..But yeah i'm refering to keeping yr heel on the floor ...im ammused that u guy's haven't herd that term before..But anyways I've notcied that it's easier to keep yr fot off the floor...cause in my situation my akelis tendant is Very stiff and I don't have alot of ankle pivot movement..And also who has also had a problem with their feet being to big to double pedel easily..I cant do the heal toe movement (frot to back) I have to do like a side to side motion which I belive is less effective..my shoes alwase get caught in the side of the carpet or something else..thanx for the feed back!!:cool:
lol yes keeping your foot a bit off the floor is easier.. and umm its spelled

Achille's tendon

after the guy in the trojan war achilles.. he had that tendon chopped in half so he could no longer fight :D

·
Registered
6,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well as you can see im a great speller..lol...But **** break pads rusting to the disks..whoofff ..at least I know I'm not alone...But I think my rear right pad might be scraping my disk cause there's two little indentation lines.. Ima have the dealer check that out..but awsome input..thanx alot..everyone

·
Registered
248 Posts
lol prolly a rock.. it'll even out.. if it doesnt take off your pads and see if theres anything stuck in it. :D i just got new centric slotted rotors and axis pads woot :D

·
Registered
142 Posts
I use a combination of both, heel on the floor for precision driving around town in heavy traffic and during parking. And the entire foot when I want to go fast in any other circumstances. <O:p</O:p

1 - 20 of 20 Posts