IW STi Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
RS WRC said:
It's more of a good news to me...we may have some competition afterall :)
I am glad you are positive about it, I wouldn't :) I think they just made all regular Evos absolete in AS. Not to mention that the 2004 S2000 is also in AS now. You certainly do have some competition. I don't know of any local drivers that can really compete with you whether with RS or not, but nationals might be different :)

fia-wrc - There is no link, SCCA members get the monthly magazine in print and FastTrack is a section in it that details all rule changes and other stuff. SCCA does not consider ruling as "set" unless it is printed in FastTrack.

Are you not a SCCA member?

·
Registered
382 Posts
i don't think they will be much of a local threat as there will only be like 700 in the US, as opposed to 7000 EVOs. Also, some have argued that the STi's front diff is what gives it some of the understeer. I therefore thought the RS was more of a car to prepare for rally or something, and perhaps has less impressive handling than the standard EVO.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
2004 Subaru Rally Calendar

i'd doubt that. Diffs help put power down more effectively. However, there are differences on how one would drive a non-diff car vs a diff'd car; which I am learning myself regarding the front diff.

In general I do not agree taht the STi or Evo understeers, just slightly during turn-in and slightly mid-turn. Quite controllable by driver.

However I do agree with you that there will be far fewer RSs out there than Evos, and locally only few regions might be effected; but just one is enough at nationals :)

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I don't care cause I am going for SM. (I like to Spend Money apparently...) :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts