IW STi Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
EDIT: 12/8/16
Hey everyone,
I traded in my STI and picked up a brand new 2017 Tacoma TRD Off-Road DCSB 4x4 in Super White! Stoked to be back in a Tacoma. I really dig this forum and still plan to stay active as a member, so I figured I would revamp this thread and start a little blog on my progress with the new Taco, named MaryJane. ;)

ORIGINAL POST:
Hello IWSTI,

I wanted to make a quick thread about the vehicle I am trading in for my 2016 STI once it arrives (any day now) from Japan!

Quick Intro:
I bought this truck in May of 2012 from Thousand Oaks Toyota in SoCal with 4 miles on the odometer. As for performance, it has the dealer installed TRD Catback Exhaust and a TRD Cold Air Intake. Kept it primarily stock for the lifetime of ownership, and I really have to say that this truck is an amazing machine. I just passed 54k on my way home from Vegas last weekend, and she has treated me so well. In my eyes, I beat the hell out of it and used it to its full potential - however in the condition she's in today, it would never reflect it. There was nothing that this truck couldn't handle (except that one time I got stuck in a dry lakebed... lol) and I am going to be super bummed to let her go. Interior is fully loaded including the JBL sound system from the factory w/ subwoofer which honestly was my absolute favorite investment in the vehicle stock. That stereo SLAMS and 90% of people that get in it think its a high end aftermarket set up.

Ive towed tons of stuff from UHAUL trailers, up to boats and jet skis. Chugs a bit while towing on the freeway, mostly due to how lightweight it is, but all in all has an incredible level of torque for what it is and never gave me any problems. If anyone is in the market for a midsize truck, i HIGHLY recommend checking one of these out. I know the new models just came out, and they look great - but I still love my model year and give it a 10/10 review. Averaged about 19mpg overall for the lifetime of the truck, and trust me I drove it like I stole it every single day of the week for over 3 years.

Here are some pics!

:tup::tup::tup:

Attachments

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Well, the mod bug hit and damn did it hit hard with this one! I think the best part about modding the taco is the fact that you can bolt things on and not have to worry about tuning lol (or ringland failure :rofl:)

Picked up an under cab dump CBE from MBRP, installing this weekend! Will upload more content once shes bolted up. :D

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
can't go wrong with a new Taco! exhaust, leveling kit, wheels, tires, done!
True that! Cant wait to gain a little more travel with a conservative lift/level and some new shoes. I probably wont go too big on the lift, considering the negative impact on fuel economy. Also, my law firm is located at the top of a massive sky scraper and our parking structure's roof height is limiting.

I hope the exhaust doesnt drone too bad either. Can't imagine it being any worse than my STI was @ 3.5k rpm on the freeway lol :lol:

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Had some fun up in Big Bear this past weekend. Saw some STI's stuck on the side of the road... Don't miss molly so much after this weekend lol :)

I really have to compliment Toyota on the new 4WD system in this thing. 4HI was more than enough to get me up the mountain, and I threw it in 4LO and locked the rear diff going up this super slushy and icy road up by the resort. Had so much fun ripping it up in the snow in this truck! Can't get enough!!!

What should I modify next...

·
Registered
907 Posts
Nice! Congrats on the Taco! I had an 06 myself. Although I personally didn't like a 4cyl 5spd 4000lb truck with safety hazard recalls and a rotting frame, I'd consider another one. The new ones look really sharp

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice! Congrats on the Taco! I had an 06 myself. Although I personally didn't like a 4cyl 5spd 4000lb truck with safety hazard recalls and a rotting frame, I'd consider another one. The new ones look really sharp
Thanks!!!

Yeah, I would never consider a 4cyl Tacoma, I really enjoy the V6. I wish TRD would release a Supercharger kit for it, which would be covered under warranty such as the 2nd gen. The low end is pretty bad with this motor. Once she winds out though, she flies... 0-60 feels quicker than the claimed 7.whatever seconds on Motortrend. Moves just fine for what I use it for. :tup::tup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts