IW STi Forum banner

161 - 180 of 360 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #163
Moar crappy pics of slow progress. Pieces for the "box" are not final, and merely for mockup purposes.

Plan is as follows:
- "scoop' air from 8 inches or so, behind the exhaust
- Exhaust will be ceramic coated
- Center fan will run 100% of the time (however, it'll be on a time-delay relay so it won't come on for ~1 minute after startup)
- Other fans will come on when water temp exceeds a set temp (t-stat adjustable from 32 to 190°F)
- New floor pan will mate up to and seal bumper
- Air will vent through rear grill

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #168
No progress on Air to Water, but I did pick up 3" V-bands for exhaust. Redoing downpipe to cat-back, then the "cat-back" to mufflers will get welded, and mufflers will be on v-bands. This will be interesting, as I've never done v-bands before, and the nice thing about traditional clamps is you can adjust everything to where it needs to be...just have to get flanges on correctly.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #170 (Edited)
Trying to get some wheels boughten...if not, I'll probably end up with some Enkei PF01s. Not ideal, but I can't swing the CE28N's right now and I need tires, so I want to get rid of the heavy factory wheels.

More garbage factory parts thrown out.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #174
What are speed holes? And what do they do?
Not exactly what he was getting at but it's something ricers do because they think the bumper is acting as a parachute...if I don't get enough flow out of rear grille, I have a contingency plan that does not include ricing the car out...

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #177
Picked up a GTSpec strut bar used, for cheap (poor condition). A little blasting, painting, sanding and painting, and it looks good as new (would have blacked out a new part, anyway).

Finished up integrating my gauges into the factory harness. Also killed 2 birds with one stone, and plumbed Fuel Pressure and E% into the ECM (Cobb flex and FP integration, only for free). I overlaid the pyro due to shielding. The rest of the sensors use wires from TGV, EVAP, or Air Pump valves.

Boost/ECA/Fuel PRessure

Oil Pressure

Pyro

Air to Water radiator/trunk mod is almost complete. Just a few odds and ends to tie up. Was waiting for SS wire so I could get exhaust welded up.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #178
Short-short block is assembled. Hoping pistons show up from ceramic coating, so I can get the engine back together this weekend. Bored cylinders out (wanted to start fresh) and picked up bigger pistons (100mm Manley Extreme Duty).

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #179
Engine is almost fully assembled. Was putting cam gears on when I found this

Drilled a hole in the cam side, and was able to pull the dowel out. Cam gear side, fortunately, came right out with a magnet. Gonna see if I can turn down a valve stem to replace it.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #180
My DIY forced lube setup

I fill it with a couple quarts and there's an air chuck under the microfiber, so I can hook the air compressor right up to it

161 - 180 of 360 Posts