IW STi Forum banner

141 - 160 of 354 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I went with the super pro... atleast they look nice. No word on performance as my car is out of commission. LOL

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
I don't like that the SuperPro bushing is still that...a bushing. I would prefer something hard mounted (pillow ball) which really only leaves me with Perrin... The car is not a daily, so NVH be damned.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I don't like that the SuperPro bushing is still that...a bushing. I would prefer something hard mounted (pillow ball) which really only leaves me with Perrin... The car is not a daily, so NVH be damned.
I used to drive a car with KW Var 2's so I know what you mean on the NVH. I would try escalating the issue within Whiteline, if you can. You have all the documentation/pics you need to prove a quality break down somewhere down the line.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
I love all my SuperPro stuff...never had any fitment or quality issues either. I do understand the want for a hard mount though.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #145
I pressed the ALK in with a socket that may have had a sharp edge... But, whatever. No damage and it's not visible.

Aside from the anti-seize and bushing grease that is everywhere, I'm happy with how the front end turned out. Went with POR15 instead of the eastwood chassis paint that I used in the rear. I'm 100% rust free (excl. rotors) and it'll stay that way for a long time.

VooDoo13 rear LCAs showed up, and am in the process of painting them. Gorgeous pieces of work.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #148
Got the glue cleaned off, but my drill bits are no match for the spot welds...going to have to buy some better tools.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #151
Radiator for my air to water charge air cooler is going ~midway...clearing it out to put in scoops and flat trunk.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #153
Toe arms showed, and I got them painted (and anti-seized, hence the mess)

LCAs painted (a little rough but don't care, as long as they're protected)

Couldn't help myself...the brake booster was the last rubber hose on the car, so I had to get rid of it. -AN line + one-way valve

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #156
Added a support that will (eventually) connect the strut tops (a little extra reinforcement)...then chopped out the main rear crossmember. This will get beefed up, a lot. Looks like the radiator is going to have to go fairly far back, just because the exhaust and rear subframe are in the way.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Looks like SuperPro toe's and Voodoo LCA's

I have both and they fit great, as well as a huge upgrade over stock. I have been talking with Voodoo about trying to get some trailing arms. (They make BRZ/VA STi ones...GR ones are slightly longer)

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #158 (Edited)
I'm behind on fab pics, will take some at some point. Rear crossmember is in and everything from it "forward" is welded and painted. Was waiting for fans to show, so I know how to build out the enclosure...and then they did. Cute little guys.

Interior is almost back together. I stripped out gauges to redo wiring (connectors in more convenient locations and tie sensors into factory harness).

Rear subframe is back under the car--ebrake slack adjusted, sensors plugged in, bolts torqued, and started working on bleeding brakes

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #160
I like the fact you're using fans on your intercooler... you're a genious.

(I think it's time I hook up my fans to my intercooler, they've been sitting on my shelf for months)
Radiator*

Not sure I see the benefit of putting fans on an air to air?

141 - 160 of 354 Posts