IW STi Forum banner

121 - 140 of 360 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
Round 2 with Whiteline ALK...Either they have some serious QC issues or I'm getting jetted around...

Crappy pics, as always. I can't afford a camera, I have too many car parts to buy...

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
I'm going to stick with Whiteline, for now...they've already sent me a replacement and they took pics of it, before shipping :)

Also, this showed up and I dun dis...where is your God, now??

Painted it black, along with the rest of the front end (hubs/brackets/control arm/steering brackets/sway bar/end links)...blackout all the things. Didn't feel like dropping the subframe (also, isn't rusting anywhere).

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
Heads are decked. Doing a quick lapping and I'll reassemble. I've decided I'm going to get this engine back together, pretty much as-is, then (down the road--hopefully I can get a couple years out of it) build a new one from new parts (w/lessons learned).

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #133
In which case would you need to cut the mating surface? New valves? Chipped?
No, just making sure they are all seated well. I had the valve stems trimmed so I would have more options with buckets, and didn't note which port each valve came from... So, I had to "start over."

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #136
After assuring me parts were good, No Limit Motorsports sent me these to replace the replacement.

WTF?? Beat to shit...

Am I to assume this is what Whiteline sells??

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #138
That's totally unacceptable from No Limit and Whiteline...trailing arms look good to say the least Do you think No Limit actually checked them?
They sent me a pic but it was hard to see anything, so they looked okay. Sucks because I've spent a ton of money with them (crank, rods, pistons, valves, cams, etc...).

121 - 140 of 360 Posts