IW STi Forum banner
381 - 396 of 396 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,773 Posts
@yamahaSHO: RPM has a trackday this weekend but I'm taking a break/working on some things. Likely go to the one in July.
I was looking at going in 3 weeks, but that depends on if i get the clutch in. I could probably to July. Let me know what you're thinking and I'm sure we can chase each other around track.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #382 ·
As seen in a couple previous pics, I did pick up an enclosed trailer last year. It's (relatively) old, so I've been working on it here and there to turn it into a good car hauler. The previous owner used it to haul a car (not sure what exactly) but it already had some stuff that helped me ("Duke" handle on the ceiling so I can pull myself out the window because the door is too low to open at the fenders). Just finally finished up the last of what I wanted to complete.

LED'd all the exterior lights, cleaned up fender wells and por-15'd + rubberized coating, mounted some batteries to power the trailer without using the truck battery (they charge off the truck while driving), tool box mounted, racks for canopy and chairs, mounts for fuel jugs, jack, and jack stands, interior lighting, and door lighting (flood). Also de-stickered, polished wheels and did new tires... I think they were still the originals.

Before:

During/after:

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #384 · (Edited)
Been lazy with the subie and haven't done a whole lot with or to it over the last couple months. But, I did add some blowers to the aux rads, that then feed the brakes...and replaced fender liners for the 4th(?) time.

Hopefully start hitting up track days again this month. Had a new set of RE-71R's put on and of course they managed to mess up paint on a couple wheels. One had some major damage. Only thing on the car I can't do myself and never have any luck with....nobody cares

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
How did they manage to damage the finish on the wheels that badly. Its not like you're stretching tire or anything ridiculous right?? Id go back and say something....

·
Registered
216 Posts
Similar thing happened to me at the local dealership… quite a few years ago, but basically they neglected to move the lift arms completely out of the way and the wheel caught one when they backed the car out…

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #387 ·
Replying to both:

Dropped wheels off (no car) with the new tires. I had done a wash on them and cleaned off the weights, so I'm 100% sure I didn't have the damage beforehand.

I hadn't even moved the wheels from where they were, at the tire shop, when I saw the damage.

Me: you guys damaged my wheel
Them: there's no way we could have done that. Our machine has plastic guides, etc
Me: was the damage there when I dropped them off?
Them: no
Me: so you damaged the wheel
Them: no, it's not possible for our tire changer to do that
Me: ???

What I later noticed is that the marks were also on the new tire...i suspect someone was carrying something and dropped it on the wheel or hit the wheel with it. Nobody fessed up of course.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #388 ·
Raceway Park a couple weeks ago. CAC cooling is drastically improved with the duct fans and never, ever a hint of getting hot with the brakes.

Car feels better than ever. Hitting 5th gear on a couple of the straights, which is new territory for me. Had a couple offs where I did some mudding and punted a cone so hard it cracked the front lip and blew out the side vent.

Still lack front grip so I'm playing with settings...

Wheel Sky Car Tire Land vehicle

Went to GridLife at GingerMan this weekend. Getting a lot of ideas for some future mods.

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Plant Steering wheel

Indicator/horn setup I've never seen before.

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
648 Posts
i like that indicatior/horn setup. makes me want to run something similar lol.

do you have a front splitter at all? or just the lip in the pic?

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #390 ·
No splitter. Need someone to make one but haven't gotten around to it. The APR unit isn't big enough and there aren't really any other "off the shelf" carbon fiber parts.

I don't have the wing set to add any downforce...pretty much level right now. I've been lifting the rear end to put more weight on the front and has been improving.

·
Registered
648 Posts
No splitter. Need someone to make one but haven't gotten around to it. The APR unit isn't big enough and there aren't really any other "off the shelf" carbon fiber parts.

I don't have the wing set to add any downforce...pretty much level right now. I've been lifting the rear end to put more weight on the front and has been improving.
Even at that level, the wing will still add more downforce than the oem STi setup. Lookup jfc custom metal out of florida. they have an off the shelf kit they use for the hawkeye, they may have one for yours as well. and they were reasonably priced. the guy was good at communicating however he did say it was just him and there would be a 4-6 week delay between ordering and the piece arriving. I have every intention of getting a splitter from him, I just have to wait until i'm not super poor haha (currently putting all my money into paying for my wedding)

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #394 ·
Man, you gotta let me know when you're going to RPM! What times were you putting down?
This was a, "sign up the night before deal," otherwise I would have mentioned. There is a 90% chance I'll be at the one in October.

I didn't have lap timer working. My brother was doing certification so my car was pulling double duty. I had all I could do to keep everything functioning between sessions.

·
Super Moderator
8,773 Posts
Are you talking about the one on the 2nd? If so, I might just make that. I need the motivation to change out the front timing cover on my S2000 for a new on I have that move the turbo oil drain return to the front of the motor. That's the only reason I haven't done a track day this year. I'd like to get out there this year as I'm not sure how next year will go at this point. We will be moving at the end of the school year... So things will change and take time to settle.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #396 ·
Yes, I'm planning Oct 2--they just (today) sent out that the registration links are up.

381 - 396 of 396 Posts