IW STi Forum banner

361 - 368 of 368 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #363
Moar replacing all the things.

IRL, the seats don't look so different. Disappointing that Sparco doesn't sell aluminum side mounts for the QRT's, so I'm in the process of making some. However, these seats are light AF-- < 10 lbs. Just ONE of the "Planted Seat" bases weighs more than both seats, so I'm also having to fab my own adapters to the factory mounting. Been waiting on the second Schroth harness now, for some time.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #367
Some of the missing updates from last year. Picked up a set of Mooresport front and rear top hats and KW V3s. I know in the long term, the V3's won't be enough, and I'll have to go to something more track oriented, but for now, I still have a ton of things I need to do before I buy a set of $5k coilovers.

The front top hats add height to the suspension, so I'm almost as low as the coilovers go, to get proper ride height. Then, in the rear, the combo of top hat (about 1/2-1 inch lower) and lower control arm (somehow, another 1-2 inches lower than stock) mean I had to pickup a 1.5 inch spacer from Subtle Solutions, to get the rear ride height correct. The KWs do not have independent height adjustment, so I would have had a ton of preload in the springs, otherwise.

I started them on the "added caster" set-up, but quickly discovered it was too much. The Whiteline ALK already puts the caster at 8°, which is now what I'm running. Front and rear are both about -2° camber, and I will adjust as needed at the track.

Picked up a set of Verus Engineering canards, as well as CF lip, sides, and rears. Still need a proper front splitter to balance out the wing. The car still understeers (though I will admit I have not done a corner balance yet.

Posted the fuel system previously, but had to upgrade because I picked up a Blouch turbo--just a Dom3 for now. Really did it just to get plumbing all figured out and see how a relatively small turbo feels. It is definitely not enough :/ ...In-tank pump is still a DW65c, feeding an Aeromotive 320lph pump in the radium surge tank. Changed feed over to -8AN and updated the ECA gauge to the Fuel EC/Temp combo unit. Was waiting on some backordered -AN fittings to finish up fuel system routing, but got that cleaned up this year.

Also working on installing an Accusump--I know, overkill but I'd rather be safe than sorry...

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #368
And then lastly, the seats, which I should have done 5 years ago. Still doing some test fitting, so I'm using the planted seat bases for now. Overall, seats need to go down another inch.

And, someone has already called dibs on the factory seats

Although, he liked the Sparco more :)

361 - 368 of 368 Posts