IW STi Forum banner

321 - 340 of 360 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #321
Lexan windows showed up.

And trunk...seems to be a waste of money, as it is quite heavy. Has me extremely skeptical about the front fenders, since stockers are surprisingly light. So, if it weren't for the +10mm, i would not have done them.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #324
Nice... it still is a beautiful car. I have never fully understood why diesel is not more widely accepted and sought after in family cars in the US..
Prior to the VW scandal, I would have agreed. People don't seem to understand that torque is far more important in a daily driver.

Post VW scandal, I think it's firmly cemented in people's minds that diesels are dirty.... :(

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #331
I got samples of a variety of the "grays"... One of them was anthracite. Gorgeous color/wrap just not what I was going for. Will definitely look good on an S2k

·
Premium Member
5,235 Posts
Beautiful color!

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #335 (Edited)
Making progress... Slowly but surely.

Shaved the license plate bracket... Something I've wanted to do since day one but couldn't justify the cost (paint, etc).

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #337
Dump some more pictures....

Stripped to take it to the body shop

And then they kinda stopped sending me pics but we did delete the antenna, so it's a smooth roof

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #338
Found out Seibon doesn't actually make +10mm fenders, and it is basically false advertising. So, given how heavy they are and how poorly they fit, they have to be the biggest waste of money to date.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #340
Damn, you gonna contact them about it? Ii'd be like excuse me take this shit back.
I did...i thought maybe they sent the wrong parts. Their response is that they're "+10mm for an '08-10 WRX or factory width for STi/11-14 wrx". Which is funny because they advertise them not fitting the narrow body wrx......

321 - 340 of 360 Posts