IW STi Forum banner

301 - 320 of 360 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #301
And if you don't give a crap about BMWs, I do have an STi update.

Finally ticked off a bucket list item, which was The Tail of the Dragon.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #302 (Edited)
Last trackday of the year--Northwoods Shelby Club at Gingerman. It was a cold morning (40's) and I was having electrical issues. First lap of the first session, I (going way too fast on ice cold tires) grab brakes and the wheels immediately lock up...lost power (long story), so ABS doesn't cycle. Tires are rock hard and I can't get them turning again. 4x4 off-roading at Gingerman.

Was able to crawl my way out but popped a tire off the bead and effed a lot of stuff up under the car (most specifically, my trunk rad scoops).

Spent the winter fixing stuff and things. Changed fluid in the rear diff and found this little surprise

Had to pull the dash to fix the heater core...and while I was at it, paint all the bare steel + remove the last of the sound deadening.

Upgraded headlights to Morimoto Bixenon's with 55w ballasts and Phillips 6000K bulbs.

STi vs BMW--intensity and color

And lastly, finally got around to getting brake cooling installed (335d has them from the factory...funny how that works)

Finally, since Photobucket killed all my previous links, I did a bunch of Imgur albums to chronicle everything. So, if someone is really bored, all the pics / details from this entire thread are here.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #303 (Edited)
More "awesome" things...may have left the car sitting low on fuel for a couple months and fun things happened with the E85

Cleaned the filters only to have them plug again. It was then I realized the entire tank was lined with a film of this stuff that would randomly "flake" off. I tried cleaning it out but couldn't get it very clean. It was this point I realized a good, used tank was cheaper than having this one professionally cleaned.

So tank had to come out.

And, time for new tires (275/35, again)

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #305
I have no idea what happened...all i know is it was E85 + Stabil and the tank was well below 1/4 for a couple months (again, long story but not something I have ever done before).

Whatever, car is back together. Celebratory donuts (gotta burn off the tires before swapping them out).

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #309
I was let down by this. lol
Well, then, you're going to be really let down by this.

Not discussing details at this time, but had a "little" bit of an incident. Pretty sure insurance will want to total. Been a few weeks and still don't have any details from them.

I'll put the rest of the images up, later...

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Well, then, you're going to be really let down by this.

Not discussing details at this time, but had a "little" bit of an incident. Pretty sure insurance will want to total. Been a few weeks and still don't have any details from them.

Image Link

Image Link

Image Link

I'll put the rest of the images up, later...

Aww fuck. :-( As long as everyones alright, that's all that matters. You going to try and salvage the parts for another build?

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #312
Welp, not totaled. Insurance adjuster came up with $8500 in damage. Need to get it to a shop, now, and get a legit estimate.

I'm going to take the opportunity to do the exterior work I've been wanting to do. ... Carbon fiber trunk, wing, roof, hood and fenders. Also ordered a new front bumper so I can delete the license plate mount.

Obviously I'll do all the strip-down and reassembly, so hopefully I can get most of this done without spending too much.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #314
I will keep you posted, however, the passenger fender (from day 1) had a couple chips that I never held the dealer accountable for.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Ordered Lexan windows from a company called Plastics4Performance and am hoping the carbon fiber roof from Aerosim Research happens.

Image is GR but they're hooking me up with GV rears.

Image Link
Very nice awenthol,
I have the Aerosim Dry Carbon Roof, Seibon Dry Carbon Hatch, and Plastics4Performance rear Polycarbonate window...I got the thicker, hardcoated version as it's more scratch-resistant. You won't be disappointed in the parts you are getting!

Here's a picture of my car with the P4P Rear Window.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #317
Went with 4mm hardcoated (full set sans windshield). I havent quite decided but I do think I'm going to hard mount the rears and get rid of the motors/wiring/etc.

Havent ordered yet but current plan is:
- Seibon CS hood
- Seibon +10mm front fenders
- Seibon trunk
- APR wing

If I can manage it, CF fender vents and side skirts.

Also, replacing front bumper so I can shave the license plate pad.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I will keep you posted, however, the passenger fender (from day 1) had a couple chips that I never held the dealer accountable for.

That may actually not be too bad, mines currently pretty effed up thanks to the guy who hit and ran on my last winter. :censored::censored:

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #319
Ordered:

Seibon hood
Seibon +10mm fenders
Seibon trunk
Seibon lower fender sides
Seibon grille
Varis trunk trim

Front bumper and various Subaru parts have shown up.

Thinking about doing different paint... Something like BMW's Frozen Dark Gray

301 - 320 of 360 Posts