IW STi Forum banner

261 - 280 of 360 Posts

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
Final welding tomorrow... And, did cooling plates from Lambert

Image Link
I really like this setup.

Are you using aluminum tubing here? If so, you could go an additional baller step, reducing turbulent transitions by half, and weld the tubing right to the I/C's inlet.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts

Are you using aluminum tubing here? If so, you could go an additional baller step, reducing turbulent transitions by half, and weld the tubing right to the I/C's inlet.
Actually not a terrible idea, normally I don't like welding the piping to the IC, but in this case it would still be easy to install.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #267

That is my eventual next step but I don't want to do anything until I have a turbo... Plan is spoolinator next winter and since compressor outlet will be in a different location, I don't want to do anything "permanent" just yet.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #268
Drove the car around last night. Throttle response is unreal, however; I either have something stuck in the cooling system (ie, rag that I would have used to plug the rad in storage) or a bad coolant sensor/wiring (kept getting code)....so,the car was overheating or "overheating".

I also found that my little 5gpm Bosch water pump (Ford lightning) doesn't actually have enough "umph" for my setup, so I wasn't really flowing any water into the CAC. Consequently, intake temps kept climbing. Ordering a Mezerie pump today (20gpm).

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #269
Eff me... Got some miles on the car today, everything running well. Did a launch to see how the new found power would feel and broke another God damn axle. I was not planning on DSS's just yet, but I guess it's in the cards now.

Ordered water pump Thursday night and had it show up Saturday... Got some down time now, to get it in.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #275
You're telling me. Thought the reason we bought the STi was for the drivetrain...i guess it was just the trans and diff, only.

Since I broke the cage in the first one, I chalked it up to a defect. I'll get it out tonight but I'm positive I broke the cage on this one (rear right where previous was rear left).

261 - 280 of 360 Posts