IW STi Forum banner

181 - 200 of 360 Posts

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
I resisted the urge to make a similar comment. Thank you for giving m hope that I'm not a deviant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #183
A surprising amount of work, yet. Changed up enough things that not everything is going back perfectly. However this is where it'll have to sit for a while.

Ordered a set of Enkei PF01 EVO's (black, 18x9.5 +45) last month and they won't be here until June. Found MPSS's on sale so I picked up a set of 275/35s. Fenders are rolled and ready....

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #185
Started the car today, just to be sure... A couple cranks and it was good to go. Have a lot if work to do, yet.

Finally got exhaust finished up. Hopefully dropping it off tomorrow to be powdercoated. Not TIG quality but I don't care as long as it works and holds up.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #187
Saggy butt made worse with new LCA. Guess coilovers are next.

Finished the car up and got the cooling system bled. Took it out for a drive and it's obvious the alignment is horrible. Got about 3 miles on it when it started bucking and I lost a cylinder or two (similar to last year). No codes. Turns over no problem. Haven't done anything with it since. Hoping its an injector or plug/coil. Ordered a new compression tester and a leak down tester (just in case).

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #189
Again? What's going on there.
I highly doubt its mechanical--and it's different than last time. Last year it would barely turn over and was knocking. This time it's just not firing a cylinder. No smoke which is why I want to say there's no fuel making it to whichever cylinder. I had to fix some injector connectors--hoping its something that simple.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
I highly doubt its mechanical--and it's different than last time. Last year it would barely turn over and was knocking. This time it's just not firing a cylinder. No smoke which is why I want to say there's no fuel making it to whichever cylinder. I had to fix some injector connectors--hoping its something that simple.

I hope it's just a dirty connector or something.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #192
Started car to confirm cylinders 1 and 2 are not firing (based on exhaust temp). Spent entire day playing with injectors/wiring. Tested coil packs with a SPARE spark plug, with no issue. Did compression test.

Finally, ready to quit when I test the plugs I had in the car (new, Denso, 1 step colder) and 2 of them are not sparking. WTF are the odds. Will get it back together tomorrow to confirm.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #193
New plugs and it runs like a champ. First oil change done.

With this rebuild I did the Vibrant e-vac scavenge kit. This thing is amazing... I have vacuum on the crankcase even at idle. Glad I finally said screw it to the catch can bs.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #195
I still had to piece everything together, if that's what you're getting at? Bought the e-vac, one way valve, and some fittings.

Knowing how well it works, I might go back and eliminate the head-block-head pressure equalization lines.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #196
(Hauled) the car in for an alignment the other day. Had them go with factory specs for now. When I get coilovers I'll do a performance alignment. They also told me my caster is at 8° which explains why the wheels are so far forward. I may end up buying the SuperPro replacement lower control arm since I don't want to push the Perrin PSRS back out and I really don't think my new wheels will fit without tearing stuff up.

Done with break-in and did oil change number 3 (Motul break-in 10w-40 and now Motul 300v 10w-40).

Did a drain and fill on fuel and am back on e85 (did break in on 93).

Car is in limp mode (still) and the AccessPort won't pull the code(s), so I'm waiting for a dedicated code reader to show--have never needed one before since other toys have had full code readers built into their programmers.

Found and (hopefully) fixed one of my oil leaks. Other is the turbo drain hose but that's going to have to wait since it's not leaking bad.

My 3 year anniversary was yesterday and I FINALLY made it to 10k miles...

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #200
Yeah, you guys are right. After restarting the car, the needle went back to normal. My gauges have been screwy since I pulled them apart....

181 - 200 of 360 Posts