IW STi Forum banner

what should I go for...

• 2008 AW

Votes: 39 34.5%
  • 2009 SWP

Votes: 41 36.3%
  • 2010 (hopefully Steel Gray Metallic or white)

Votes: 33 29.2%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm making a move soon on getting an STI. I currently own a 2006 Steel Gray Metallic WRX and it's my favorite color and stays cleaner much more than my wifes SWP legacy (I feel like I wash it every other day, haha)...BUT, I love the white! I'm so torn!

Should I look for a used 2008 AW

Get the 2009 SWP

or wait for 2010 (hopefully Steel Gray Metallic, if not white)

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you can afford it wait for 2010, you can always get an 08 or 09 even after the 2010 comes out
That's the plan, i just think if it's the same car, I'd rather get a 2009 and I'm afraid I won't find the SWP. It's much more rare than any of the other suby colors.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
I'd wait to see what 2010 brings as well. you probably have about 5-6 more mos of waiting though.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'd wait to see what 2010 brings as well. you probably have about 5-6 more mos of waiting though.

All good, more time to save and my current car has about 4months left to be paid on anyways.

WOW! no one likes the SWP, I think it looks soo nice...

Also, doesn't the 08s have more issues than the 09s?

·
Registered
405 Posts
i just got the 2009 SWP because i simply could not wait any longer. 2010 may have some nice things but you can always be waiting for the next model too. i figure if it's THAT much better, i'll just trade up and take the hit on the $ later on. i am in love with my 09 SWP tho.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i just got the 2009 SWP because i simply could not wait any longer. 2010 may have some nice things but you can always be waiting for the next model too. i figure if it's THAT much better, i'll just trade up and take the hit on the $ later on. i am in love with my 09 SWP tho.
Philly? nice. I live in Trenton and I'm always out there.
PM me if there is any Suby events or meets I'd love to come out and see your car!!! :)

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
SWP is too old fashioned for this car. It should only be on Escalades. I'm so glad they went back to aspen white for 08 :)

·
Registered
180 Posts
jizz with gold is sick! :lol:
I agree! I had an SGM '06 WRX, and I loved it. My '08 is a great car and I red is my favorite color, but Steel grey looks great, and even though I realize I am fortunate to have my STI, I really miss the '06. Considering how nice the '06s are, I'd wait until the '10's are out and go from there if you have any question about what you want. I wanted to wait until Subaru had a direct injection engine before I bought my next car, but when I bought my '06, I thought a red STI wagon with nav would be the perfect car. Waiting is good.... unless you find a screamin' deal on a new SWP '09.:)

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
haha, looks like a close race folks!

well my wife had a AW 2002 WRX and now she has the SWP legacy and I will admit the SWP is gorgeous in person. Pictures on the net doesnt do justice because certain cameras, lighting, etc, make it completely different, plus I feel like everyone on here has the AW. Either way I loveeee both whites.

grrrr. decisions. decisions.

·
Registered
457 Posts
SWP = dirty looking AW.

It's just me... but AW looks more racey than SWP. SWP does look good on more luxury type cars like the Legacy.

2009+ you have an option for a sunroof. Not sure if that is important for you. I miss having a Sunroof.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
SWP = dirty looking AW.
It's just me... but AW looks more racey than SWP. SWP does look good on more luxury type cars like the Legacy.
Not really sticking up for the SWP but everyone says it looks alike a dirty white. I agree the AW looks more aggressive but my car will never be dirty so... The pearl would always have that gleam. Everyone that has seen my wife's new SWP has actually said it looks so much nicer than her AW 2002 WRX... Honestly, I love both whites for different reasons. I just think the SWP is more rare and with a sweet set of goldies it could be pretty and unique(which is what I want)... It's bad enough my name is james smith.
hehe

This is the Japanese A-Aline but looks pretty nice! love this photo

1 - 20 of 52 Posts