IW STi Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did a few searches and didn't come up with much, but was wondering if someone could point me to an Avic install guide for the D1 or D2???

Thanks!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Most radios are pretty straightforward with very similar install procedures. You will need a radio interface harness like the one here: http://audiomotivegruppe.com/product.php?do=viewproduct&productid=22. This will make the install much easier and you wont need to cut any factory wiring. All the wires are color coded and labeled. Just remember to connect the power antenna wiring on this harness or else your radio reception won't be good. The radio manual also provides a wiring diagram and install tips. You will need to reuse the radio brackets from you factory radio to mount the Pioneer. If you have any questions just PM or post them up here. Good luck with the install.

Dre

·
Registered
459 Posts
The install is easy. I acually have a spare harness if you need one. I bought it from crutchfield. Anyhow it bolts right in and the wiring is very straight forward.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Bumping an old thread, Anyways I just bought a pioneer D2 and wanted to ask if anyone one ever used the wiring harness that audiomotive posted? or if there is any other better ones?

thanks

·
Registered
68 Posts
Yep, I picked one up form Circuit City today, but it was more expensive then that but the same thing. You will still need to cut off the male end wire it up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts